Phantom 2 v2 Standard to Vision+

Reaction score
Hi all. Im new and just bought a phantom 2 v2 standard. I have the Zenmaus H3-4d Installed and i was wondering what parts i would need inorder to turn my phantom 2 in to a vision+ or at lest to run the camera of the + on the phantom 2 standard, other than a vision+ camera. also would there be a way to use the phantom 3 camera on a phantom 2?

Also if i hold the throttle stick down for about 3 seconds it falls out of the sky is this normal? I was not supplied with a manual when i bought it second hand.

You have a straight P2.

The P2V/P2V+ is not really a logical upgrade from a P2 because they are completely different machines. For one thing, the controller frequencies are a completely different band. If you want a P2V+, it's easier and cheaper to just buy one.

I don't believe there is a way to install a P3 camera onto a P2 without a considerable amount of trouble and expense.

The AC should not fall out of the sky like you mentioned. Be sure you have the latest firmware. Search and read about VRS.

Welcome to the site!

Alright ill find a guid for fps.

I was flying my phantom and its up to the latest version firmware but it still will fall. it fell 75 feet destroying my old hero3 and h33d. i didnt have thr wifi on on the hero3.

It just fell like a rock. I was flying around filming a small party. When i went to bring it down the blades stopped and it fell. It hit so hard the gimbal thit the battery and the gopro is shorter and nothing to use as parts. Though the only dammage to my phantom was one leg folded and the compass was lost out of the leg.

Thanks for the help very much appreciated. There's no drone stores near by to ask so its nice to have a community. After waiting months I finally won a used but working H3-3d off ebay, itll be delivered today. i have the (i think its called the interface board) installed in the body. Also is the plain vision close to the standard or more like the vision plus?

Hi all. Im new and just bought a phantom 2 v2 standard. I have the Zenmaus H3-4d Installed and i was wondering what parts i would need inorder to turn my phantom 2 in to a vision+ or at lest to run the camera of the + on the phantom 2 standard, other than a vision+ camera. also would there be a way to use the phantom 3 camera on a phantom 2?

Also if i hold the throttle stick down for about 3 seconds it falls out of the sky is this normal? I was not supplied with a manual when i bought it second hand.

None of us were supplied with a user's manual even with new quads. Here's the manual:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

With the DJ6 controller holding down the left stick will shut the motors off and the same thing will happen with CSC. The newer NDJ6 controller has a left stick lock down which will not shut off the motors but is not used to land a P2 as it will hit the ground to hard and cause damage. It's used to lower the P2's latitude quickly.

It would be cheaper to buy a P2 vision+ then trying to convert a non-vision. Nor is it possible to install a P3 camera assembly on either of the P2 models.

I have the NDJ6 remote and in the lock position it shuts my motors off. My phantom is also the P330Z model. I just recieved my H3-3D today. The H4-4D was crushed from the crash.

It shouldn't shut off the motors Watch this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have the same remote and have used the left stick in lockdown to lower latitude without it shutting down

I see its not supposed to but for some reason my motors shut down after 2 or 3 seconds of down and locked in flight or on the ground.

I just reflashed the firmware on the controller and phantom and it still shuts down the motors

I see its not supposed to but for some reason my motors shut down after 2 or 3 seconds of down and locked in flight or on the ground.

I just reflashed the firmware on the controller and phantom and it still shuts down the motors

Refreshing the firmware has nothing to do with the problem you are having. You say it is a NDJ6 remote but does it have atilt wheel in the upper left corner or is it on the lower right on the backside.

The tilt wheel is in the top left.

The tilt wheel is in the top left.

Then the only thing I can tell you is not to put it in the lock position while in flight. You saw in that video putting in the lock position would cause it to descend quickly but not shut the motors down it also was not intended to be used for landing. Of course once it is on the ground putting the left stick in the lock position will **** down the motors. Now if you moving both sticks at the same time in anyone of the four CSC positions while in flight the motors will shut off and a crash will occur.

You have a straight P2.

The P2V/P2V+ is not really a logical upgrade from a P2 because they are completely different machines. For one thing, the controller frequencies are a completely different band. If you want a P2V+, it's easier and cheaper to just buy one.

I don't believe there is a way to install a P3 camera onto a P2 without a considerable amount of trouble and expense.

The AC should not fall out of the sky like you mentioned. Be sure you have the latest firmware. Search and read about VRS.

Welcome to the site!
Ive been doing some looking around at the boards and I cant find a difference between the mainboards of the vision+ and the upgraded standard. Am I missing something or did DJI just not put the vision+ parts in and call it standard?

Ive been doing some looking around at the boards and I cant find a difference between the mainboards of the vision+ and the upgraded standard. Am I missing something or did DJI just not put the vision+ parts in and call it standard?

I take it you are referring to the P2 non-vision vs P2vision+ when it comes to replacing parts. All the modules are interchangeable between the two models like main board, ESC, Naza module and motor with the exception of the upgraded models. The upgraded P2's used 2312 motors and v2.1 ESC modules and the originals P2's used 2212 motors and v2.0 ESC modules. The P2 NV used a frequency of 2.4GHz while the P2 vision+ frequency is 5.8GHz.

Now with the original P2 NV/ Vision the ESC modules can be mixed v2.0/v2.1 of course v2.0 boards are no longer available. Also the upgraded motors cannot be mixed and since the original 2312 motors were not marked the only way to tell which were used is all black shaft on the ccw motors. The ccw 2212 motors had use a black dot on top of the shaft.

Hope this answers you questions regarding parts.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
So the p2 nv is very close to the p2 standard just lacking the upgrade parts to make it a vision? I have the 2312 motors so i guess i have a 2.1 board.

Hello
Also keep the shell in mind, p2 to p2-vision is ok, but if you go to a plus, you will need a complete new/used shell with larger belly hole.

P2 to p2-vision
Need:
5.8ghz tx
5.8ghz receiver
Vision cable set
Vision camera/gimbal
Range extender ( re500/re700 ) re500 is stock p2v

P2 to p2-vision +
5.8ghz tx
5.8ghz receiver
Vision plus USB port with wire clip
Vision plus wifi antennas ( left and right )
Range extender ( re500 / re700 ) re700 is stock p2v+
Vision plus cable set
Vision plus camera/gimbal
Vision plus wifi module
New shell ( as p2 shell has too small of a hole in the belly for the plus wires to pass, without interfering with battery insertion ) I found this out the hard way!
Vision plus legs ( are a bit taller to compensate lower camera )

Can be expensive, but still fun to do, I did a vision to vision plus. Just to do it, lol, I had the parts. Never fooled with a p2 non vision. But mainboard are the same on all p2's.

Hope this helps.
J Dot
:cool:

Wow thanks for the parts list. im defiantly going to make my standard to a vision just because i love my copter and itd be really fun and i can see whats going on! gets really expensive to go vision plus. So after i put the vision hardware in can i run a h3-3d and gopro or must i have the vision camera?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan