Phantom 2 V+ version 3 (late 2014) controller

Reaction score
Just bought a used Phantom 2V+ version 3. The Radio Controller is the type with the gimbal control wheel on the side.

I have a couple of questions-
1. Where is the battery compartment on the controller?
2. What Phantom RC App do I need to do calibrations?

Just bought a used Phantom 2V+ version 3. The Radio Controller is the type with the gimbal control wheel on the side.

I have a couple of questions-
1. Where is the battery compartment on the controller?
2. What Phantom RC App do I need to do calibrations?

If it has the camera tilt knob on the upper left, then the battery is bulit in rechargeable. Mini USB plugs into the bottom and the USB into computer for recharging. Go to DJI website, support Vision 2+ and download the RC Assistant. Thats where you calibrate the transmitter. But you need to do it again in the Phantom software as well.

Thanks!! One more question. When I'm charging the controller (not the wifi extender) should I have the power switch on or off, and does the LED light turn green or red to indicate a full charge?

you have the range extended turned off when charging.... green led indicates full charge.
if its at like 5-20% left in the battery it should take a couple hours to charge to 100%.

you have the range extended turned off when charging.... green led indicates full charge.
if its at like 5-20% left in the battery it should take a couple hours to charge to 100%.

OK thanks.
You know the 4 smaller LEDs that are to the right of the Power On LED light? What do they indicate? When I am not charging and simply have the RC turned on, they are all lit up.

oh sorry I thought you were talking about the RE (even though you wrote not the RE lol)
Got no idea about the new controllers... New controller is my next/last purchase of any P2v+ stuff..

I am just guessing.. but I assume the leds indicate the power level ? After you use it a while a imagine the will show 3 leds then 2 etc etc.. just a guess though. I'm sure the manual/doco's on DJI's website explain it.

oh sorry I thought you were talking about the RE (even though you wrote not the RE lol)
Got no idea about the new controllers... New controller is my next/last purchase of any P2v+ stuff..

I am just guessing.. but I assume the leds indicate the power level ? After you use it a while a imagine the will show 3 leds then 2 etc etc.. just a guess though. I'm sure the manual/doco's on DJI's website explain it.

That makes sense, but I didn't notice it when I took it out today. The main LED goes from red to green when it's charged. The latest manual pdf doesn't give any info on this that I could find. Thanks for your help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl