Phantom 2 Questions

Reaction score
Not new to Quads but new to DJI Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. I have a couple of Questions.

Question 1: I've been studying the youtube video's and reading over the manual. Everything is well. I upgraded my MC and it looks like everything else is to the latest firmware. But I read somewhere that I also should plug in my Remote Controller (RC) and upgarde that too. Is that correct?

Question 2: I've got a GoPro Hero 3+ on my gimbal. What are people doing to view live footage or can this be done? Can I connect via BT on my phone and do a live stream to my phone or is this not possible or recommended. I'm not really looking to do FPV but would like to get a birds eye view if possible.

Question 3: I picked this up used off craigslist for $300. It had a total of 7 cycles on the battery confirmed with the Phantom 2 assistant software. Came complete except for the piece that attaches the GoPro to the Gimbal.
It came with a big case to house everything designed for the Phantom Quads and spare props and prop gaurds. One battery. Did I pay too much? or did I get a good deal. This looked very new and had very little use as evident by the low cycle times on the battery. Props were not chipped or damaged, skids had very few scratch marks.

After multiple attempts at compass calibration I had my first successful maden flight last night. Very very impressed with the stability of this quad.

Not new to Quads but new to DJI Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. I have a couple of Questions.

Question 1: I've been studying the youtube video's and reading over the manual. Everything is well. I upgraded my MC and it looks like everything else is to the latest firmware. But I read somewhere that I also should plug in my Remote Controller (RC) and upgarde that too. Is that correct?

Question 2: I've got a GoPro Hero 3+ on my gimbal. What are people doing to view live footage or can this be done? Can I connect via BT on my phone and do a live stream to my phone or is this not possible or recommended. I'm not really looking to do FPV but would like to get a birds eye view if possible.

Question 3: I picked this up used off craigslist for $300. It had a total of 7 cycles on the battery confirmed with the Phantom 2 assistant software. Came complete except for the piece that attaches the GoPro to the Gimbal.
It came with a big case to house everything designed for the Phantom Quads and spare props and prop gaurds. One battery. Did I pay too much? or did I get a good deal. This looked very new and had very little use as evident by the low cycle times on the battery. Props were not chipped or damaged, skids had very few scratch marks.

After multiple attempts at compass calibration I had my first successful maden flight last night. Very very impressed with the stability of this quad.

For what it's worth you cannot use the cameras wifi, cell phone nor a tablet to view what the camera is recording. The reason is simple wifi uses the same frequency as you controller and the receiver in the P2 and will cause problems while in flight.

A FPV system consist of a 5.8GHz video transmitter, mini iOSD, plug n play cable and diversity monitor/receiver. The three main manufactures most us use are Boscam, Immersion and Flysight.

The price was fair for what received.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen