Phantom 2 (non-vision)

Reaction score
I think I have found most of the info, but S2 is basically useless unless I go to NAZA, S1 is GPS ATTI or return to home out of the box?

Why does the DJI manual suck so bad? Also, is there a way to do follow me with this product?

I think I have found most of the info, but S2 is basically useless unless I go to NAZA, S1 is GPS ATTI or return to home out of the box?

Why does the DJI manual suck so bad? Also, is there a way to do follow me with this product?

In Phantom mode (basic) there is no ATTI in the second position on S1. If you switch from Phantom to Naza mode you have choice to make whether or not to turn on IOC (S2) course/home lock. By just switching to Naza you will have ATTI on S1.

My suggestion is to learn to fly the P2 first before switching over to Naza if this is your first quad.

The reason the manual is so poorly written is that the Chinese didn't use a technical writer that understands the english language.

Thanks for the response, this is my first quad, however I come from helicopter world so to me, this thing basically flies itself, which is fine.

So I need to switch to NAZA, I can handle that if I decide to do it.

How does the follow me mode work -- I only see it on phantom 3, is this possible on the Phantom 2? And how does it actually work.

Last edited:
'Naza Mode' isn't really a mode but rather unrestricted use of the MC features.
It just means you need to manage/mind the S1& S2 switch positions.

There's no difference in flying. Switch ASAP and utilize all the P2 features especially Manual Mode if you're up to it,

Awesome, thanks so much for the clarification. I can then set return to home in the bottom location of S1 as well, Looks like I need to hook up to my mac tonight and take care of this. Thanks guys, this is all very helpful.

I'm not used to all of this assisted flying stuff, in my world, when you mess up it crashes :)

Well the P2 can crash also! Just a little harder to do it.
I hope you have a great time with your quad... I am hooked and have a blast!

Reactions: brivander
Welcome!

The P2 doesn't have a follow me mode unfortunately. They are super easy to fly compared to helis and planes (had a 1/4 scale Cap 232 and Raptor 30 when I was younger).

I still mostly fly in GPS mode. If something is not responding how you want, just let go of the sticks and it will stop and sit still.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well I got the S1 and S2 stick set-up with all the functions in Naza mode using the Phantom APP, also got the phantomRC app while i was at it. Even in full manual mode it's very easy to fly relative to a helicopter EXCEPT the controls must be held, even after calibrating the radio, and the radio to the Phantom, it could use some trim so you don't need to be on the controls ALL the time. I just switch back to GPS mode for landing....why wouldn't you I guess. I just also just changed the manual mode back to failsafe on S1, too. It also works very well. This is quite a capable unit.

It does seem to be a bit faster in ATTI than GPS, any truth to that???

Yes.

The max-tilt angle is a bit more in ATTI mode so horizontal speeds will be greater.

Appreciate all the set-up help guys, I'm sure I'll check back in very soon. Now that I am this far I need my go pro mount and isolator to show up and test it out!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl