Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 Discussion Forum

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Adam, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Adam

It's shipping, it's in stock, who's got one and what are you doing with it?

2. Bwells

Thanks for creating a new thread! Mine is coming Friday from DroneFly and I can't wait to get this GoPro in the sky.

3. Randito3

I will be getting mine Thursday from DroneFly. I have the vision and looking forward to testing this new one with my Hero3

4. Sidewinder

Mine still says processing. Oh well, it'll get here when it gets here. Meanwhile I can watch Mikey and see what happens to him. We need to establish a pool on the first Batt. fault crash, first flyaway etc. like a football pool. lol I'll take Sat. by 12 noon.

5. Ottoni

Phantonly vision ! Not all always flying :lol:

6. modjo30

Hey Sidewinder, where have you ordered yours from?
    I've ordered through Quadcopters.co.uk and mine says processing, i have however spoken to them today and they are getting stock tomorrow or friday and shipping out all order by next day parcel service so we get them in time for christmas

7. Sidewinder

Ordered mine from DroneFly in California.

8. phantasm

Hi Guys,
    I take delivery of one tomorrow!!!
    Can't wait :)

9. Allinson_Companies

Jack Allinson here ... Jacksonville Florida ... I have just joined this forum and have had Phantom Vision 2 for only a few weeks.
    Several successful flights ... looking for input as to what others are using for video processing. I use Sony Playmemories Home software to edit high def video, save a frame and then add time and date stamp to frame. Unfortunately Sony Playmemories Home
    will not recognize the Vision 2 video MP4 format (or GoPro Hero 3+ video for that matter). I have to render using Vegas. Is there a simpler method?

10. Fdnyfish

Ordered mine from IntelligentUAS.

IntelligentUAS took $150 off the price for having a code.

Will be delivered tomorrow.

But now I have to wait for Santa to bring it!

11. hjscm

ordered from drone fly. on truck out for delivery, only problem is it is for my son for christmas. i might have to open it and fly it before he sees it.

12. Ksc

Ksc

same here. I wanted to go with B&H but in order to get the discount they made me email customer service and I was on my 5th email back and forth and still had no coupon code. IntelligentUAS gave it to me in my reply to my first email. I always pull for B&H and wanted to go with them. Just couldn't handle the back and forth emails anymore.

13. Ksc

Ksc

Technically you would be opening it to connect it to the software and update firmware and then do a test flight of the update so that it would be ready for him on Christmas day. Nothing wrong with that.

14. hjscm

that is what i am thinking about. got it and opened the box. looks like a lot to put together. where do i put the 2.4 downlink and all the other stuff that came with it? seems like a lot of thing to hook up. i got the mini iosd with it too. maybe i should have just got him a discovery pro and built it for him, might be less work. or give hime one of my discos. i am going to have to look up lots of things before xmas i guess. do i mount all this stuff inside the quad?

15. modjo30

Why do people always talk about connecting you phantom up for updates before first time flying? This is a new product that is supposed to be 'Out of the box' ready to fly so why would you need an update if its come from the factory ready to go?

16. hjscm

cause sometimes they have an update a couple of days after they shipped the quad from factory.

17. Ksc

Ksc

It's not just the update. It's also the calibration that's important. Have you seen how UPS and USPS handle packages? After a crash you need to calibrate. It's been through a few crashes by the time it gets to your door.

18. modjo30

The Code everyone is referring to for $150 off is if you own a Phantom 1 which was purchased before September the 9th (i think) and you can get a code from DJI to use with any Dealer

19. deluge2

Between less formal quality control and a representing a technology that on a basic technical level is still evolving quite rapidly, it would be foolhardy not to look for updates on a frequent basis--including prior to first flight. The flight controller and major accessories (Zen H3-2D) are really computers with associated firmware and hardware. Just like any other online-updated product (computer, smartphone & etc.), it may make sense to let 'someone else' be the first to test. And there will always be those who adopt an 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' mentality to firmware upgrades.

The pace of change is rapid, sometimes based upon development of new features, sometimes based on fixing things. As an example of pace, note that the initial P2nv User Manual (v1.00) was dated 16-DEC-2013. And the current P2nv manual is v1.02 released 19-DEC-2013 with a revised text and revised software and firmware for the flight controller and other components.

It would be foolish not to at least read through the revised manual and the release notes...

See:
    viewtopic.php?f=19&p=36253#p36253

Steve