Phantom 2, 8 pin gimbal cable?

Reaction score
I purchased a used Phantom 2 and ordered the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal setup. In all the installation videos I've watched they show a 8 pin ribbon cable coming from the Phantom 2 and connecting to the Zenmuse directly or through an interface board/module. I don't see this cable anywhere on my Phantom 2. I'm unable to locate instructions or videos that relevant to my hardware setup.

My used Phantom 2 came with the following:

AVL58 5.80 VideoLink Transmitter
iOSD Mini

It's almost as if this setup had video functionality before and then removed. What is the source of the 8 pin connector that connects to the gimbal? Perhaps if I open it up it may be tucked inside?

Thanks you in advance for any help you can provide.

I'm including a few photos showing my hardware configuration:

dji_00.jpg

dji_01.jpg

dji_02.jpg

From your gimbal there should be another small 8 pin cable that connects to that hub (pictured) You can also disconnect 8 pin cable at the hub (coming from the Phantom internally to hub) and connect directly to gimbal but you'll not have OSD.

Cebu said:
I purchased a used Phantom 2 and ordered the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal setup. In all the installation videos I've watched they show a 8 pin ribbon cable coming from the Phantom 2 and connecting to the Zenmuse directly or through an interface board/module. I don't see this cable anywhere on my Phantom 2. I'm unable to locate instructions or videos that relevant to my hardware setup.

iOSD Mini

It's almost as if this setup had video functionality before and then removed. What is the source of the 8 pin connector that connects to the gimbal? Perhaps if I open it up it may be tucked inside?

I'm including a few photos showing my hardware configuration:

dji_00.jpg

dji_01.jpg

dji_02.jpg

You've all ready plugged zenmuse cable into the hub. If you don't like the ribbon usb connector in the side of your gopro camera buy this modification kit. This kit will not work on the hero 4 silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Video-Outpu...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c4f7c592

• P2, H3-2D, GoPro Hero 3+B, AVL-58, 5.8G clover-leaf antennas, iOSD-mini, Black Pearl 7" diversity receiver/monitor

Cebu said:

iOSD Mini

When you purchased P2 used did it come with all the ribbon cables? There should have been 5 cables for the hub module and you are only showing 2 the 3rd one is the cable that goes directly h3-3d gimbal. If you do not have all of those cables contact the seller. If he doesn't have them I do as I never used the kit.

Cebu said:
Jason, the seller hasn't been responding to my emails. If I purchased this kit would the cable to the right of the photo be the one I use? Would this be the one that plugs into the hub next to the other cable? Then from the new cable to the gimbal?

Thank you for your offer of cables.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I82U7Y ... c_redir=T1

In your photos there are three cables 1 goes to the mini iOSD the next 1 goes to the TX and the 3rd coming out of P2 is used to both power the hub module and h3-3d gimbal. Now if you do not have any other cables then you are missing the cable which will feed the gimbal.

Before order another hub kit are you in the US or outside the US.

I'm in Northern California USA. I went ahead and ordered the hub kit since it was fairly inexpensive. I ordered 1 day ship so it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will have the correct cable.

I bought the GoPro 4 Silver to use with this setup along with my motorcycle.

Thank you for all the assistance!

Cebu said:
I'm in Northern California USA. I went ahead and ordered the hub kit since it was fairly inexpensive. I ordered 1 day ship so it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will have the correct cable.

I bought the GoPro 4 Silver to use with this setup along with my motorcycle.

Thank you for all the assistance!

Not to make you feel bad but would have given you this one for FREE. Now here is what I don't like about the H3-3D gimbal and it's that usb ribbon cable that plug into the gopro. But since you brought hero 4 silver you will not be able to modify gimbal where the camera just plugs into a connector as the sliver has a screen and no plugin connector. The following link will explain what I mean.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Video-Outpu...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c4f7c592

Have you test flown that unit to make sure it works?? Also did the P2 come with the prop guards on or did you install them?? Reason for asking is you should take them off but only if you have the original screws as they are shorter.

• P2, H3-2D, GoPro Hero 3+B, AVL-58, 5.8G clover-leaf antennas, iOSD-mini, Black Pearl 7" diversity receiver/monitor

Hi Jason, first off.. thank you for the phone call! You passed on great information and experience. This is my first RC product I've ever owned and I'm having a blast flying and learning about the technology. Through our conversation I was able to get my gimbal working properly, I'm bypassing the iOSD and Transmitter until tomorrow when I get the other cable. I like the hardware mod you mentioned below. I may get the black for the Phantom and use the Silver for my motorcycle. I'll see how much of a hassle it becomes transferring gear between the two.

Once again thanks for helping out a newbie, much appreciated!

jason said:
Not to make you feel bad but would have given you this one for FREE. Now here is what I don't like about the H3-3D gimbal and it's that usb ribbon cable that plug into the gopro. But since you brought hero 4 silver you will not be able to modify gimbal where the camera just plugs into a connector as the sliver has a screen and no plugin connector. The following link will explain what I mean.

Have you test flown that unit to make sure it works?? Also did the P2 come with the prop guards on or did you install them?? Reason for asking is you should take them off but only if you have the original screws as they are shorter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl