PFCO

Reaction score
So looking into doing the PFCO what do you actually gain aside from being able to do what a hobbyist can do, just for money? I may be wrong but you’d still flying at the same heights, same distance away from buildings etc. I know obviously you learn to fly safer but over 1k to fly safer seems excessive

I am very interested and very confused about this topic too. I am assuming you are in the UK.
As far as I know, if you hold a Pfco, you are allowed to fly at up to 50 mt from buildings in "built up areas" (instead of 150 mt)
I believe it is also possible to ask for permit to fly at night, if you hold a Pfco.
At the same time apparently there are big changes in regulations coming very soon, both in EU and UK.
I have not flown my birds for 8 months now, not knowing what to do. I was going to book a Pfco course, but now I really don't know if it is worth it

As above, with a pfco you are allowed to fly within 'congested areas' (i.e. any area used primarily for business, residential or leisure purposes), without it you aren't allowed to fly within 150m of a congested area.
Even with a PfCO, techncally, you can only do this after having completed all relevent risk assessments and pre flight surveys etc.
You still have to maintain 50m from buidlings, vehicles, structures and people not under your control.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94