Perfect sunshade

Reaction score
Never had success with a sunshade that works till now.
Bought a cheap $10 VR goggle, gutted the inside and removed the front flap (usually holds the phone ).
Made a velcro strap to hold the phone in place on the modified goggles. The phone clamps to the P3S controller using the stock clamp (suggest replacing plastic arm with metal one).
Great sunshade . In the presence of solar glare just press your forehead against the goggles for a perfectly shaded FPV view.
1497216580980.jpg
1497216593151.jpg
1497216634705.jpg

Wow. That's a good idea. I got them cheap 3D cardboard goggles for free so I might just cut the eye piece out and use that

Casey,
Yes I can touch the screen. Admittedly not as convenient, there is enough room to put your finger in to tap the phone..
I set the phone up before mounting it on the VR goggles (connecting to bird, setting up waypoints etc. All the tasks that involve lots of tapping).

I have one of these its just a simple foldable PVC sheet but for £8 - For the Mini iPad only but if your device is a similar size it works just perfect as the longer ANGLED hood stops the reflection of your face hiding the screen as well.... forces you to look at the screen on a slight angle so gives a great view. Fits great into my back back as well - LINK
drone-shade-double.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
I have one of these its just a simple foldable PVC sheet but for £8 - For the Mini iPad only but if your device is a similar size it works just perfect as the longer ANGLED hood stops the reflection of your face hiding the screen as well.... forces you to look at the screen on a slight angle so gives a great view. Fits great into my back back as well - LINK
drone-shade-double.jpg
Where did you get it?

Never had success with a sunshade that works till now.
Bought a cheap $10 VR goggle, gutted the inside and removed the front flap (usually holds the phone ).
Made a velcro strap to hold the phone in place on the modified goggles. The phone clamps to the P3S controller using the stock clamp (suggest replacing plastic arm with metal one).
Great sunshade . In the presence of solar glare just press your forehead against the goggles for a perfectly shaded FPV view.
View attachment 83758View attachment 83759View attachment 83760
That's a BRILLIANT idea!!! My 3 daughters got me one of those cheap VR headpieces for Christmas last year. It's the kind that has a slide-out phone tray. There's nothing very high-tech about it at all and I've only used it a couple of times. Sounds like it may be a bit more useful as a P3P accessory. I can't wait to get home tonight and try it out! Thanks for posting that idea!

DRONE ON!!!

-Scoop

That's a BRILLIANT idea!!! My 3 daughters got me one of those cheap VR headpieces for Christmas last year. It's the kind that has a slide-out phone tray. There's nothing very high-tech about it at all and I've only used it a couple of times. Sounds like it may be a bit more useful as a P3P accessory. I can't wait to get home tonight and try it out! Thanks for posting that idea!

DRONE ON!!!

-Scoop
Let me know how it works out for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl