Parts are here!

Reaction score
93b087a7d79a4e32f36959a64b79e402.jpg
Parts are here! I'll let y'all know how these cheap eBay parts work.

Well that didn't go so well. For starters the kit only included 1 of 2 ribbon wires so I still need the second wire that broke. I put what I had together and I mostly still get a black screen but I do get a pixelated image and the gimbal does move but it's not at all working correctly. I've checked the connections and they seem fine but I will completely take it back apart and triple check it. It looks good but no joy.
82e91cb61baf3316cc5f5a05362574b1.jpg

e92f1ea4a9285d0a4aff1da531091bca.jpg
This is what I'm getting but it's intermediate. Im getting a video signal warning and then I get this on the screen for a few seconds then it goes black and it will do it again in 20 seconds or so.

e92f1ea4a9285d0a4aff1da531091bca.jpg
This is what I'm getting but it's intermediate. Im getting a video signal warning and then I get this on the screen for a few seconds then it goes black and it will do it again in 20 seconds or so.
Wow bit sad on the parts ay,,you think it be a kit,,,,:(those black lines almost looks like over exposure warning but not if intermittent,,check setting and I would even try changing USB..say that cause fixed mine,,if that no go check transmission channels:)

The board on the backside of the camera is getting really hot. It smells burned now. It did not when I started. Cheap *** wire has fried my camera I think.

The board on the backside of the camera is getting really hot. It smells burned now. It did not when I started. Cheap *** wire has fried my camera I think.
Oh no not sound good..looking at ribbon can only really go one way so not installed wrong,,did you lose camera power,,burned smell not good,,have you had the back off,,see any short circuit makes in back of where ribbon plugs in

Yeah I've had it completely apart 3 times. It does the same thing every time.

The ribbon wire is installed properly, I've checked the connections multiple times. The yaw motor has to be replaced cause you can't just replace the ribbon wire but that shouldn't have anything to do with the camera image.

I'm going to try another quality ribbon wire but I'm guessing this one has done irreparable damage.

I'm going to try another quality ribbon wire but I'm guessing this one has done irreparable damage.
OK,,,Yeh on utube there few clips but pointing at yaw motor ,,I Google p4 camera getting hot after ribbon change,,,,taught myself couple things while searching,,,sorry to read bad news..:(

If I can get the camera going I will be getting a new yaw motor. I wonder if I should get the new one (I think mine is the older version) or if I have to get the old one? My only hope is that it didn't fry the camera. It was sending video up until I turned it off. I took the wire all the way off and it has a bubble in it. It's delaminated and clearly shorted out. Had the camera caused the short then the wire would be burned the length of it. I'm pretty sure the ribbon caused the short. If it is beyond repair then I'm just gonna buy an entire gimbal tray. By the time I spend $40 on a yaw motor and with the $40 refund for the parts I just got (they offered a full refund), and my time to put it all together I can just buy the gimbal trey. The buy nows are like $300 but I think I can get one at auction a little cheaper.

Found the burn!
0027f0a035cb11ff38511be8ecb605a9.jpg

I think it looks worse than it is. The foam melted into the chip. Everything is still attached to the board and nothing look burned. I think it just has melted foam stuck to it. I'm not gonna try to remove it. I am gonna start looking for a replacement. No luck so far. Can't find just the camera either. I may just sell it as a flyable quad in need of a camera. I could sell it and get a p3.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94