Pano mode problems in litchi with iOS

Reaction score
Hi, I've tried a couple times to do a pano at a waypoint with no luck, any suggestions? Ex. Say 5 waypoints in my mission so on the second waypoint I stop recording on the 3rd waypoint I set up the pano and on the 4th waypoint I start recording again. What I end up with is the drone, superFly getting to the 3rd waypoint and litchi says recording stopped then it says right away it says recording again then at the 4th waypoint it does its 360° spin, but while its recording and not taking photos. I also have curved turns turned off per the instructions...

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm not sure but you might try telling Litchi to stay at WP 3 for a certain amount of time first (maybe 45 seconds or 1 minute, may be longer?) to allow the Pano to complete. Then setup the Pano. So, in WP 3, you tell Litchi to stay for ?1 minute? Then do the Pano. Then in WP 4 you can start recording again. I understand the Pano has a lot of work to do.

Rest up a second waypoint very close to the one where you stopped recording. Use that waypoint for the Plano and the move to the next waypoint. There are a limited number of operations that you can perform at a waypoint and Plano takes them all. This is fully explained in the litchi manual.

Sorry re-read you post and it sounds like you got it set up right. You shouldn't have to wait though.

Sorry re-read you post and it sounds like you got it set up right. You shouldn't have to wait though.
Third reading - nope, you have to stop recording at one waypoint then move to the next one of the Plano as I described in my first post.

Third reading - nope, you have to stop recording at one waypoint then move to the next one of the Plano as I described in my first post.

Well, my argument is that if there are no solutions, then he has to try something. That is how he will get it resolved. Good luck to him, as you and I are not full of help. But at least I gave him something to try which is to put a wait command in there before the pano as in panorama action.

Read page 5 of the litchi manual. Describes this issue exactly and how to set it up correctly.

Read page 5 of the litchi manual. Describes this issue exactly and how to set it up correctly.

I think that would have been a much better thing to tell the OP rather than leaving him hanging. He could at least verify his efforts. Happy flying.

I've attached a copy of the litchi for IOS manual that I referred to. Check out page 5.

Attachments

• Litchi for iOS Feb 2016.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,830
I think that would have been a much better thing to tell the OP rather than leaving him hanging. He could at least verify his efforts. Happy flying.
You're right. That's what I did in my first post. Same instructions as in the manual.

Good, now the OP can read it too if he hasn't already. BTW, there are 6 different actions at a way point and by using repeat, you can get 15 actions per waypoint. Check out page 9 at the bottom under Waypoint actions. Pano is only one action it does not take all of the actions of a waypoint. Anyway, you and I are going on and on and the OP is probably not even home from his errands yet. We gave him a lot to read. Laughing, I hope you have a fine day sir. Take care.

Thank you, that manual is what I used to set up my mission. Example - Stopped recording at wp 3 did a pano at wp 4 then started recording again at wp 5. When the mission was running it stopped recording at wp 3 then immediately started recording again then went to wp 4 and went through the 14 pano steps while recording and then finished the mission. I'll try setting a break of time in between the stop recording and the pano.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Lol. It may be worth a try. I would go through it step by step and ensure that there isn't a rogue action somewhere too. Litchi is a great app and usually always works as it is told. I have had problems too and when I would review "My actions" things I put in, I made the mistake, not Litchi. Good luck and enjoy your takeout.

[Edit] Just had a thought, check the mission settings or AC settings to see if it is set to auto record.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl