Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Panning with H3-3D

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by ScottH, Apr 8, 2014.

1. ScottH

Since the 3D gimbal is stabilizing the yaw axis, what happens during a deliberate pan? I assume on the initial turn it will attempt to stay on a heading, or does it know you are turning and stay in the center, or what?

2. Gizmo3000

if you deliberately pan more than a the amount, the gimbal will then follow with the pan and then face the front of the Phantom again once the motion is stopped.

sort of like this (my example with the Arris 3-axis
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ON5ND ... iIaaxxyKTA

3. ScottH

Thanks that's what I was looking for.

4. laselvasurf

5. ScottH

6. laselvasurf

I would still recommend a better transmitter. I have the futaba 8fg super and have it setup to smooth or feather my yaw controls. The new gimbal helps, but the better tx makes a huge difference regardless.

7. ScottH

Ah, ok. Can that TX be linked to the Phantom RX?

8. laselvasurf

Yes. Very easily. Setting it up isn't too easy, but there are many video tutorials online that make it totally doable.

9. Gizmo3000

the H3-3d will make pans less jerky/robotic, but the stock Phantom Tx might still seem too sensitive. - which a Futaba and other Tx's can alleviate.
    But I'd lean towards getting the H3-3d first and see how it all works for you, and then consider the Tx (which I highly recommend as well if you're serious about this hobby)

10. ScottH

Thanks for the replies. Yes will be getting the 3D soon but plan on trying the variable rate yaw (and tilt) mod on the stock tx before getting the Futaba controller.

11. GhostMaster

Expensive tx. Not worth in my opinion, FrSky Taranis its cheaper and better IMO.

12. ussvertigo

What yaw mod are you talking about. I have the 2d and have jerky video when trying to pan, or just flying forward it sometimes has slight jerkyness. I tried to smooth yaw movement out with gain settings with no luck, and plan on going to the 3d just for these reasons.

13. ElGuano

You can throw another pot on the rudder channel to attenuate the input of yaw. It won't help with yaw due to attitude corrections (forward flight or hover) but it slows down your stick input, which can help for deliberate pans. I'd personally rather not have something sitting there mediating tx commands myself...at that point I'd do as others are suggesting and get a good 3rd party tx that natively supports dual or triple rates.