P4p v2 Odd thing after update atrempt

Reaction score
Went to a job today after not flying for 4 days.
When I got to the site & started up got an alert “Requires update” & couldn’t go further.

Being 1.5 hour’s from Home & needing to shoot, I hit the Update button on screen. Then had to wait for it download through my personal hotspot, then update.

Only to tell me the update failed.
So I rebooted everything- iPad, RC and controller.
Let me start & Lock Home point & fly.

But- whenever I try to adjust any camera setting with the finger wheel it jumps at least 1 full stop, aperture or ISO.

Go to camera settings and I can adjust and 1/3 stop increments as usual. But if I try and use the wheel it makes these huge jumps. Not sure what to do about that. It’s going to be really inconvenient if I can’t fix it. Anyone have any thoughts on this? And when I get home I’m I going to be able to do the update again?

One thing I realized afterward is that I had both the controller and the bird on and I know when you do a firmware update you first have to get the new version of gold, which I didn’t, then update the controller, then the bird. None of which I did because I had no idea what exactly was being updated from this message.
What a PITA…

Went to a job today after not flying for 4 days.
When I got to the site & started up got an alert “Requires update” & couldn’t go further.

Being 1.5 hour’s from Home & needing to shoot, I hit the Update button on screen. Then had to wait for it download through my personal hotspot, then update.

Only to tell me the update failed.
So I rebooted everything- iPad, RC and controller.
Let me start & Lock Home point & fly.

But- whenever I try to adjust any camera setting with the finger wheel it jumps at least 1 full stop, aperture or ISO.

Go to camera settings and I can adjust and 1/3 stop increments as usual. But if I try and use the wheel it makes these huge jumps. Not sure what to do about that. It’s going to be really inconvenient if I can’t fix it. Anyone have any thoughts on this? And when I get home I’m I going to be able to do the update again?

One thing I realized afterward is that I had both the controller and the bird on and I know when you do a firmware update you first have to get the new version of gold, which I didn’t, then update the controller, then the bird. None of which I did because I had no idea what exactly was being updated from this message.
What a PITA…
See if any changein gimble wheel speed helps it slow down buffer
Screenshot_20181009-074836.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
See if any changein gimble wheel speed helps it not jumpView attachment 104084

Hmm. Worth a try.
Although none of my other settings changed that I noticed.
WB, custom style settings, etc. on camera.
But I didn’t check the advanced settings like for Gimbal & such.
When I get home I will look.
Thx

UPDATE- The Gimbal Pitch smoothness has nothing to do with my issue.
I have that set very low for smooth Up/Down panning on Left finger wheel. Works fine.

It's the Right side finger wheel - and I just figured out whats happening.
The click stops are jumping more than a stop for each click.
Whether its for Shutter, aperture or ISO, it makes a huge sum on the "clicks" - but if I rotate the wheel slowly I can see the 1/3 stop increments change.

But it's imprecise and could jump while shooting or trying to get specific settings between frames.

Does anyone know if a controller can be fixed if the adjustment wheels are slipping like this - or does that mean that part is broken irreparably?

Well, Crap.
Called my service people - DJINYC (STC Electronics, NY) who repaired my drone after a crash a few months ago.
First he had me try to Calibrate the RC, Which I did twice.

Sticks and left wheel worked fine, but when calibrating the right side wheel doesn't register movement at all. Stays at 0% .
Have to send them both in to be checked.
Crap.
At least work has slowed down here for a bit. Hopefully won't be gone long....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119