P4P Shipping Thread

I've seen both in recent times. A decent amount of people seem to have gotten theirs from DJI already or are in route. Very few resellers in the US seem to have much stock yet.
?

Several stateside vendors received hundreds of P4P's and shipped them before DJI Direct orders, and several have them in stock now for same-day shipping (DJI is quoting 5-7 business days... maybe...) The exception is the P4P+ which was delayed a bit, but several vendors are reporting they expect them in by the end of the week while DJI is quoting 2 weeks... maybe...

Why would anyone ever order direct from DJI?

?

Several stateside vendors received hundreds of P4P's and shipped them before DJI Direct orders, and several have them in stock now for same-day shipping (DJI is saying 5-7 business days... maybe...) The exception is the P4P+ which was delayed a bit, but several vendors are reporting they expect them in by the end of the week while DJI is quoting 2 weeks... maybe...

What vendors are those? B&H shows pre-orders only, Aerial Media Pros told me 10-16 days before they get them. I would totally order one from another place that actually has them in, or has a date shorter than DJI is quoting.

Keep in mind I am looking for the P4P Plus, with the integrated display. Some vendors appear to have the non plus available already, but not the plus.

What vendors are those? B&H shows pre-orders only, Aerial Media Pros told me 10-16 days before they get them. I would totally order one from another place that actually has them in, or has a date shorter than DJI is quoting.

Keep in mind I am looking for the P4P Plus, with the integrated display. Some vendors appear to have the non plus available already, but not the plus.
For the P4P, vendors have them in stock (B&H, Advexure, etc.) for immediate shipment. As I noted the status of the P4P+ is less certain, but if you think for a moment you'll get one faster by ordering from DJI Direct then do so, but don't say you weren't warned.

Reactions: stevemitchell
For the P4P, vendors have them in stock (B&H, Advexure, etc.) for immediate shipment. As I noted the status of the P4P+ is less certain, but if you think for a moment you'll get one faster by ordering from DJI Direct then do so, but don't say you weren't warned.

I know, ordering from DJI is always chancy. I already ordered a non plus from B&H so I'll at least have something to fly.... if the iOS app is out :)

P4P+ aren't available yes nor are the batteries..

I'm always amazed how every drone company can spend a year designing a drone, creating many parts that must all work together perfectly, but friggin leave the battery production to someone else. In the past 3 years of buying drones, every single time there is a wait for the batteries!!! Sure, they could mass produce them in advance like they do with the drones, but then they'd be giving some advanced product secret away, so instead they wait until the last minute, announce the drone and then give the go ahead to the battery company to begin production.... and we all waiting patiently.

Im about to order one from B&H and refuse the package from DJI. How long will the refund take if I do this?

For those intending to return a duplicate, this is what DJI emailed me:

"Sorry to let you know that since your order has been forwarded to US warehouse for shipment, we are afraid that it has been shipped out, they will update the tracking number later today . . . . If you do not need it any more, I will suggest you to call FedEx to reject the package or reject it when it deliver to you. Once we receive the return, we will arrange refund for you accordingly. Thank you."

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well I've had an interesting couple days!

I'd ordered the P4P from Newegg on 11/24 and heard nothing from them beyond the boilerplate reply with wording about giving them 1-2 business days. So, I called them last night and after waiting on hold for 45 minutes I spoke with a women that couldn't give me any info but said it could ship tonight or it might be 2 weeks -- very helpful. So I tell her I'll hold of cancelling to see if it shipped and today with no notice about shipping I cancelled the order and placed an order with B&H since they had them in stock. I received the email from Newegg confirming the cancellation at 5:52PM and then at 8:00PM another email from Newegg informing me that my card had been charged and the P4P I'd ordered from Newegg was not only shipping but that it had shipped more than a day ago -- FedEx shows it was picked up at 12:00AM on 11/28 in Carson California and will be delivered on 11/30, tomorrow!

So, I quickly cancelled the second order from B&H and it looks like I should have my P4P tomorrow. I had placed a second order from Newegg for 2 of the P4 batteries (not the new ones) as I didn't expect to have access to the new ones until the end of the year or maybe next. I have a trip planned for southern Utah and a single battery would not have been practical. When the new batteries are available I'll get 1 or 2 depending on how the first batch work out on my trip.

But, getting back to the shipping nonsense ... how the hell can my order have not only been shipped but obviously on the way for a couple days when I called Newegg last night and they didn't know it. When I called them tonight to cancel the order, waiting on hold for over an hour, they still did not know that my order had been shipped and had already arived in the USA AND then left California at 1:27AM on 9/29. How is it even possible they have yet to figure out how to update shipping info in a more timely fashion. It's like they push the boxes onto a plane and as far as there concerned there job is done.

Arrgghhh!

Well, the upside is I should have the P4P tomorrow and 2 extra P4 batteries either Friday or more likely Monday -- haven't received tracking info for the batteries yet though they were listed as having shipped today. Pretty sure it will be ground, but if coming from Cali I'm only 2-3 days away here in Utah.

Brian

Last edited:
Yes it says its in Atlanta GA and it'll be delivered by end of day Thursday in NJ
It does not say the name of the business shipping it to me though,it could be a DJI Store or just a vendor with stock that DJI past the order along to. Dunno that till Thursday.
Dji s shipping service is out of Atlanta.
Im about to order one from B&H and refuse the package from DJI. How long will the refund take if I do this?
Took me 6 weeks

It just gets weirder ... in my last post (#511) I mentioned that in addition to the P4P I also ordered 2 of the older P4 batteries from Newegg on 11/24. I received an email today indicating the batteries had shipped today so I was kind of expect I might receive them Friday or next Monday. BUT, another email just a few minutes ago had the tracking number and when I checked it the report indicated it had been received at my apartment office on Monday the 28th. So, apparently it arrived before it shipped -- I need to talk to Stephen Hawking about this.

Brian

It just gets weirder ... in my last post (#511) I mentioned that in addition to the P4P I also ordered 2 of the older P4 batteries from Newegg on 11/24. I received an email today indicating the batteries had shipped today so I was kind of expect I might receive them Friday or next Monday. BUT, another email just a few minutes ago had the tracking number and when I checked it the report indicated it had been received at my apartment office on Monday the 28th. So, apparently it arrived before it shipped -- I need to talk to Stephen Hawking about this.
Hmm, DJI's technology may be even more advanced than we realize.

Reactions: Bigbells
Looks like I'm getting TWO in tomorrow... DJI slipped one past NewEgg and did not respond to either my order shipping status or my cancellation request for several days.... instead out of the blue I get a FedEx tracking number that says is will be here tomorrow...

Anybody in the Sacramento, CA area need a P4P?! o_O

Looks like I'm getting TWO in tomorrow... DJI slipped one past NewEgg and did not respond to either my order shipping status or my cancellation request for several days.... instead out of the blue I get a FedEx tracking number that says is will be here tomorrow...

Anybody in the Sacramento, CA area need a P4P?! o_O

I just squeaked out of having two shipped to me as well. The communications between DJI and Newegg, and apparently DJI and anybody, is a crap shoot at best. Tracking shipments isn't a new thing and companies like FedEx and just about everyone else have been able to track where a package is at all times from the moment they pick it up and often before that. Somehow DJI must have skipped the whole logistics thing at school. It appears to me that to save money DJI is handling shipping from China to the country of destination by themselves and only after arriving in the country of destination does the final shipper, someone like FedEx, become aware of the package and issue there tracking info. Hey, it could be worse, they could have used this guy...

Or maybe these guys...

Brian

Last edited:
Fun Fact about delivery companies:

Delivery companies count a package as "delivered on time" if, at or before the end of the on-time delivery window, a delivery employee scans the tracking label on the package, selects "delivered" from the scanner menu, and hits "enter".

It matters not one whit if the package is delivered to the correct address. As long as the delivery is made SOMEWHERE before the delivery window closes, the company counts it in the plus column.

My p4p is 25 miles away according to DPD tracking! Come on! Minus 4C outside though, and been minus 10C a few miles away.

Ordered my P4P+ via NewEgg, mainly because I have a corporate account through them, anyway here's the reply I just received fro DJI in regards to my order:

We plan to ship out DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ RC with Screen within 3 weeks after order placed.
Please kindly wait and we will arrange shipment as soon as possible.
Your patience is highly appreciated.

Happy days!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9993.JPG
    IMG_9993.JPG
    994.1 KB · Views: 336

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members