P4P+ remote - THIRD PARTY APPS. Big news out today!!

Have you tried installing a rooting apk from the playstore to root the controller? , it can help to get the data feed

Have you tried installing a rooting apk from the playstore to root the controller? , it can help to get the data feed

:) but you said I need root to get Play Services installed, so far your advice is a little questionable (not complaining though, thanks for suggesting!)

I really do not want to root if I do not have to. What is it specifically that you think I need root privileges to enable or install?

Reactions: ferncfc
You need it to disable some services and to have a look/edit the build.prop

Do not root/experiment if it's the only controller you have to fly your p4p

Brimba,

As you have suggested, I think I am now at the point where I have to root the P4P+ to proceed.

This is my only RC for my P4P+ but I have basically resigned myself to the fact that I will be having to buy a GL300F anyway so that I can run the SDK and use Litchi/Autopilot/Dronedeploy with my iPad Mini. Thats a shame but I am not too worried if I brick this GL300E.

What rooting app would you suggest? I thought I would start out trying Kingoroot and then towelroot if kingo fails.

I have JRummy BuildProp Editor installed on the P4P+ and also, Llama so I can stop DJI GO more automatically when I want to run 3rd party apps that need Play Services.

I hope that getting the data feed is as simple as setting persist.sys.usb.config to mtp,adb, but as a backyard programmer I know how easy it would be for DJI to make it impossible to get access to the RC data feed.

I am only optimistic still because they did not make it impossible to install 3rd party apps and play services, so maybe they left a door open on the data feed too. After all, as long as they can can say what we do here voids the warranty, why should they care if we do it? (they have so may ways in their log files to prove that we do this, there would not be any way to say we did not :)

Last edited:
Kingroot is not the way to go, try to boot your controller in bootloader, and root from there, trust me and don't give up if you don't care about warranty, you can even install custom roms.(this will leave you with a full android and a brighter device)

But for the time being, i stop here. (for many reasons)

Sorry :(

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping the conversation going guys. Those of you experimenting with this, I really appreciate your efforts. I hope you will take good notes of exactly what you're doing (at least what is successful) so that once you get it working, you can give us less smart guys instructions on how to follow in your footsteps.

I've been following this thread along with a similar one on the DJI forum, and the thread on the DJI forum has disappeared! When I try to load the page I get " Sorry, specified thread does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit " (sic). This is not uncommon on the DJI forum when they don't like a thread for some reason.

I've been following this thread along with a similar one on the DJI forum, and the thread on the DJI forum has disappeared! When I try to load the page I get " Sorry, specified thread does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit " (sic). This is not uncommon on the DJI forum when they don't like a thread for some reason.
yup, DJI took down the original post about this . . . guess they don't want people knowing there's a workaround.

yup, DJI took down the original post about this . . . guess they don't want people knowing there's a workaround.
Maybe DJI will get the message that it's simply unacceptable to lock-out 3rd party apps, which is hypocritical when they provide 3rd parties with SDK's to create apps. It's just wrong, almost communistic. Oh yeah I forgot, that makes perfect sense. :p

so if we do root it, then what?

Has anyone had issues with the adb not finding the device? I have everything ready to install and hit the enter key as soon as the remote connects but I get "error: no devices/emulators found, adb: error: failed to get feature set: no devices/emulators found, -waiting for device-"

Has anyone had issues with the adb not finding the device? I have everything ready to install and hit the enter key as soon as the remote connects but I get "error: no devices/emulators found, adb: error: failed to get feature set: no devices/emulators found, -waiting for device-"
That usually indicates a USB device driver problem. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the adb package, and also uninstall any drivers that might possibly conflict. Sometimes even a different USB cable can help. If all else fails try installing adb on a different PC.

Need to see it in device manager as an Android Device with Android Composite ADB Device driver or adb won't see it (likely a driver install issue).

I use universal driver from here: TechKnow_Universal_ADB_Driver_v0.8-HcH-(www.TechKnow.me).7z

You know you have succeeded when you can enter 'adb devices' in the cmd window and a device shows up after the command.

Last edited:
so if we do root it, then what?
I am assuming we need the privileges of root to edit the build.prop file and to be able to disable or uninstall DJI apps so they don't take over the data feed or something like that.
I have had ZERO luck getting root privileges I hope someone with rooting expertise jumps in here.

The above steps definitely work. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any DJI GO alternatives can be used. I installed Litchi and it fails to run.

Here are the exact steps I followed:

1) Download the Android SDK Platform-Tools from here and unzip the contents into "C:\ADB".

2) Get the APK file for the app you'd like to install. If you don't have the APK file, install Apk Extractor on your Android device to get it or download the APK from uptodown.

3) Move the APK file into the "C:\ADB" folder.

4) Press the Windows+R keys to open the Windows Run window, enter "cmd", and press the "OK" button to open a Windows command prompt window.

5) Enter "C:\ADB\adb install -r Litchi.apk" (without the quotes) in the command prompt window (don't press enter to run the command).

Note: Replace "Litchi.apk" above with the name of the APK file you copied in step #3 above.

6) Turn off the remote controller if it's powered on.

7) Connect the remote controller to your computer via a micro USB cable.

8) Power on the remote controller and press enter in the command prompt window as soon as you hear the remote controller connect to your computer (turn up your computer speakers). The remote controller should connect shortly after the DJI logo displays on the remote controller screen.

Note: If the APK is too large or you wait too long to start the install, you'll see the following message displayed:

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICENT_STORAGE]

Note: If all works as expected, the command prompt window should show the APK being pushed to the remote controller and end with a "Success" message after the APK has been installed.

9) Click the gear icon at the top, left of the remote controller display and choose "All Applications" to view a list of your installed apps.

Hi,

Any guide to do it on a Mac?

Thanks.

Hi guys
I have bad news.
I rooted gl300e and flashed stock rom for see is it flashable. It was succesfull. Then I found some ways to block DJI apps, installing other apps without adb and showing hidden settings in settings menu.
Then of these I think so I can prepare a guide for you guys. But when I am try to turn back without flashing stock firmware I bricked gl300e. Now pc is not see anything when I am connect it.(in MASKROM mode too :( )
So, story ends on this line. Goodbye guys.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl