P4P Prop mount point

Reaction score
Fairly new to this and wanted some advice from the experts

Just noticed that on my P4P that two of the white nylon prop mounts held onto top of motor by 3 hex bolts are slightly loose (see picture) - it doesn't seem to affect anything and was probably delivered in this state as it is almost new but I'm sure they should be tight to top of motor with no movement.

Only issue is the little bolts didn't seem to want to tighten when I tried and didn't want to over do it and break anything - any ideas or am I just being a bit too cautious !!??

Just noticed that on my P4P that two of the white nylon prop mounts held onto top of motor by 3 hex bolts are slightly loose (see picture) - it doesn't seem to affect anything and was probably delivered in this state as it is almost new but I'm sure they should be tight to top of motor with no movement.
Only issue is the little bolts didn't seem to want to tighten when I tried and didn't want to over do it and break anything - any ideas or am I just being a bit too cautious !!??
If the bolts don't want to tighten, just leave them.
Mine have been just slightly loose since new but the Phantom flies just fine.

I have the same condition on 2 out of 4. They are both the silver prop mounts vs the black. I removed 1 of 2 and found nothing wrong with how it sits on the motor and the screws appear okay too. It has never caused any flight issues, but it is something I will keep an eye on.

Can you post the photo?

Not sure what happened there as picture shoud have been attached, hopefully it is now and here is the link to a video of it which is probably better

Cheers
Darrell

Attachments

• Photo 20-04-2017, 00 35 45 (1).jpg
    Photo 20-04-2017, 00 35 45 (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 310
I cannot see your video, but my screws look identical to those in your photo when viewed at that angle. If I look at top of the screws from the side (eye level with the top of the motor), the screws are flush with the top of the white prop locks.

Not sure what happened there as picture shoud have been attached, hopefully it is now and here is the link to a video of it which is probably better

Cheers
Darrell

Looks to me that, over time, that play could cause undue wear. Just thinking aloud and not offering advice now... I wonder if a thin shim of some kind under the prop mount might be in order.

It's hard to see what you're showing in your video. My prop mounts don't wiggle at all when I attempt to move them like you did.

If you're worried about it, you could get a replacement kit here on Amazon or direct from DJI here. You'll need to purchase two kits if all of the mounts need to be replaced.

Last edited:
It's hard to see what you're showing in your video. My prop mounts don't wiggle at all when I attempt to move them like you did.

If you're worried about it, you could get a replacement kit here on Amazon or direct from DJI here. You'll need to purchase two kits if all of the mounts need to be replaced.

Some threads on here recommend part 51 instead. Is this correct?

Part 51 is the P4 prop kit. It'll fit the P4P too, but it's the old style prop kit with the metal tabs.

PropKit.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Daskid
Thanks for ideas, the drone is actually pretty new, the mounts are not worn it's just that when I try to tighten those little hex screws they are tight and I guess I'm afraid of busting something!!! It is probably a couple of turns away from being secure but it feels like it won't tighten any further - I'll try taking one right off tomorrow and see how it goes - fingers crossed!!

I had the exact same thing on my p4p, both silver prop mounts moved slightly. In the end after much troubleshooting I swapped the screws on the black props with the silver props and it wen away temporarily, after a few flight it was back though not as bad. I VERY CAREFULLY tightened the screws just another 16th turn and all has been good for a dozen flights or so but I check it before every flight. I have some new sets of mounts and screws I will put on later but for now all is fine. At first I thought the unthreaded shoulder of the screw near the head must be slightly longer, I now know that is not the case because the screws work fine on the black prop mounts, but somehow the silver mounts must be out of tolerance and are slightly thinner than the black prop mounts.

Your video is an exact example of the movement I have too, and it is the same silver prop connectors. I think I already posted, but I had no luck removing, running the screws all the way down without the connector, then reattaching the connector. Same wiggle remained.

Maybe a little less with that extra turn of the screws, but I have fear of stripping the motor if I go any further.

Could all members check their connectors and report back if they have any wiggle as described. Thank you in advance to all that reply.

All tight on my P4P. I would be concerned about the movement. This could cause vibrations and lead to motor bearing damage. Someone should contact DJI about this issue.

All tight on my P4P. I would be concerned about the movement. This could cause vibrations and lead to motor bearing damage. Someone should contact DJI about this issue.

I will be contacting DJI about this issue. I don't expect it to get anymore attention than them telling me to buy replacements, but it can't hurt to tell them.

Did you get any response from DJI, I tried gently tightening mine again but it only goes to a point and some are still loose, just afraid of putting too much pressure on and breaking something. I'm guessing they should also have locktite or something similar on to stop them shaking loose. I may try swapping black and silver over as someone else suggested. All does seem okay when props are on.

Did you get any response from DJI, I tried gently tightening mine again but it only goes to a point and some are still loose, just afraid of putting too much pressure on and breaking something. I'm guessing they should also have locktite or something similar on to stop them shaking loose. I may try swapping black and silver over as someone else suggested. All does seem okay when props are on.

Now that you bring it up, No. I just sent them a second email. I do recall having a problem with their requested code, but this one looked like it went thru fine, and I just got the confirmation email.

DJI did respond with nothing less than I expected. The can not provide parts because it would void warranty if you did the repair yourself.

That said, I found this was talked about in another thread, and a member provided a fix that involved ording screws from another DJI kit, see his video within his post.

Search for "Quick disconnect" in P4 Pro Discussion to see his post.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl