P4P Plus went down today...help analysising?

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Had my first P4P Plus crash today. Wasn't up very long or very far, went unstable and then just dropped. Upon viewing my cached footage I see what appears to be part of my rotor flying off before she tumbles downward...bird strike?

Anyway open for suggestions...

Brand new propellers. I'm starting to wonder if this particular propeller was bad?

Last edited:
20171015_140444.jpg
20171015_140444.jpg

Last edited:
The only proof I have that the propeller came apart mid flight is my cached video...is there a way to get it uploaded here. I see you can send it to FB, Twitter, and other social media but I would rather just be able to download it to the desktop or upload it here somehow. The original micro sd footage is unreadable because it didn't have time to finalize before the bird hit the ground.

Hello Sar, yes I tried that before with Newbie and it tells me the file is too large to import under "upload a file"
To share the .dat file you would have to upload it to dropbox or similar and post a link to where you uploaded it.

However the .txt file is enough to eliminate some things.
Here's what your data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
It shows that you launched with a less than fully charged battery which can cause trouble.
But in this case it doesn't appear to be responsible.
At the time things started to go wrong, 2:29.1, the battery was reporting 14.47V which is well over the critical level of 3.3V.
The data also shows the Phantom spinning and tumbling under power as it fell.
This does not contradict the suggested cause of a broken prop.

If you could find the missing part of the prop, perhaps it might have some evidence to determine why it broke?

The only proof I have that the propeller came apart mid flight is my cached video...is there a way to get it uploaded here. I see you can send it to FB, Twitter, and other social media but I would rather just be able to download it to the desktop or upload it here somehow. The original micro sd footage is unreadable because it didn't have time to finalize before the bird hit the ground.
You should be able to finalise the video file by powering the Phantom on and off again with the SD card in.
The last couple of seconds may be lost though.
You can upload video to Youtube or similar and post a link here.

From the log file it appears that it was likely prop failure.

DJIFlightRecord_2017-10-15_[12-12-14]_01.png

The aircraft is flying south in a crosswind of 15 - 20 mph from the west, hence the positive roll values. At 149 seconds it rolls left, pitches back and enters a tumbling fall at close to free fall acceleration. That suggests it lost the rear left prop.

Reactions: Rncotton

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga