P4P or wait on the P5

Reaction score
I have a p3S and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I got the lower end model to make sure it was something I would enjoy and work on my skill. I am now ready to take my game to the next level. Should I get a P4P or wait for the potential P5?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a p3S and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I got the lower end model to make sure it was something I would enjoy and work on my skill. I am now ready to take my game to the next level. Should I get a P4P or wait for the potential P5?
If the P4pro is what you want or need why would you want to wait maybe a year for a different model?
Drones are like buses.
If one comes along that has what you want, you get on.
If it's not what you want you can wait for another.

A lot of P3 pro and Advanced flyers didn't get on board the P4 bus because it didn't offer enough extra for the way they use their drones.
But the P4 pro is a huge leap forward for anyone seriously interested in camera work and many are jumping aboard.
Only you can answer your question.
Is this bus going where you want to go?

It would seem to me that being on the "pro" cycle would be better that the normal "numbering" cycle. Many here dumped their P4's for the P4P. Just a thought [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My personal thought is it is up to you if you really want one now or you are happy to keep waiting.
If you want one now, then get the P4P.
If you are not in a hurry and happy to wait, the wait for P5 to come out.

I would wait til the phantom 5 comes out this spring. I know I am. Should have some improvements over the p4. I would like to see the p5 have props that stay on and fold and I bit smaller in size. Plus the live video feed should have better range and flight time a bit longer. Would be nice if they included a battery heating system to fly in very cold conditions.. and make it rain/snow proof. Or maybe I'm just wishing for to much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Since, I havea P4 and, I am not using it for anything but great fun, I agree with not upgrading. If I had a P3 standard, I might upgrade.

I use p3p, crashed several of them keep on flying on p3p. It is a money making machine. Batteries are getting cheaper on p3p. Camera is OK for real estate videos and weddings. Clients do not see any difference in Inspire or Phantom quality (ok 90% does not see - 10% may be see the difference). Do you think that p5 will be better than an Inspire 2?

Reactions: Numone
so many factors involved...

to me the main reason for upgrading to a P4P now is if you can benefit from the camera upgrade.

for recreational use, well it's your call as a consumer...

professionally, the next version will almost always be better than the current one, but can your business afford to wait? if the current system is making money and the new one won't add to that, then there's no real reason to upgrade now.

that said, the camera really is much better on the P4P than anything else near its price range... and noticeably better than the camera system in the P3P or P4. But, you still have to know what your doing during capture and in post to get the most out of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94