P4P or P4P+?

Really to test this out we need to have someone with a 4K TV or Monitor hook up with video recorded in 4K to see if this works. Anyone out there up for this test that has both.

Oh man, there's hope! I might ask Santa for one of the ultra brights. If it really does play 4k out the HDMI port, I wonder why DJI doesn't make a bigger deal out of that feature. Am I the only one interested?

My Ultra does play 4k out of the hdm port, the 4k monitor recognises the 3840x2160 / 60p output as you can see

hdmi  - Copy.jpg

And you can pick the resolution from the CS

hdmi2 - Copy.jpg

Are you saying that apps cannot reside in an SD card in one of the SD slots? The data I read implied that one of those two SD slots is for memory expansion. Is this not true?
I have managed to side load UGCS, haven't tried it yet, other apps have failed because they need google play services.

ugcs - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
This looks great! So have you actually played a 4K video from an SD card that was captured with your Phantom?

This looks great! So have you actually played a 4K video from an SD card that was captured with your Phantom?

Yes, I have taken a 4k video in the P4P, popped out the SD card, inserted it into the CS and played back the video on the CS, with the CS connected to my 4k TV via HDMI copy screen mode ( there are 3 HDMI output modes, camera view, picture in picture and copy screen).

The movie is running on the large screen in full 4k at the same time it is on the CS screen in QXGA

Are you saying that apps cannot reside in an SD card in one of the SD slots? The data I read implied that one of those two SD slots is for memory expansion. Is this not true?

Yes you can store apps on one of the SD cards, just like most android devices

Yes, I have taken a 4k video in the P4P, popped out the SD card, inserted it into the CS and played back the video on the CS, with the CS connected to my 4k TV via HDMI copy screen mode ( there are 3 HDMI output modes, camera view, picture in picture and copy screen).

The movie is running on the large screen in full 4k at the same time it is on the CS screen in QXGA
Oh wow, this is exactly what I was hoping for. I'm happy to hear the new firmware provided this capability. Since this display is portable, having it's own power source, it can provide an easy way to show raw 4K video from the SD card directly onto a big-screen 4K TV. I'm stoked.

I would say you would get closer to 3.5 hrs , maybe more, the ultra in max brightness but static is saying 6 hrs from a full battery

I would say you would get closer to 3.5 hrs , maybe more, the ultra in max brightness but static is saying 6 hrs from a full battery
Great, that's more than enough flight time, and you can easily swap batteries like my G5 cellphone, very nice.

Last edited:
Oh so there are plans for a bigger and brighter screen controller for the P4P+???
Ok,

I have a P3P with an Ipad Air2 loaded as monitor. as with the Ipad before it, I cannot see a damned thing in the bright Florida sun light. Granted the P4P+ (I have this unit as well) screen is substantially smaller, but I CAN CLEARLY SEE EVERYTHING!. Now, if there are newer stand alone screens available that are larger and more flexible, then I will seriously consider purchasing a P4P remote controller and attaching one of these at least equally bright, but larger, screens . Plus, I purchased the DJI Goggles which cannot be controlled via my P4P+ screen. A P4P controller plus ANY monitor will allow full Goggle functionality.

Lance A.

Ok,

Now, if there are newer stand alone screens available that are larger and more flexible, then I will seriously consider purchasing a P4P remote controller and attaching one of these at least equally bright, but larger, screens . Plus, I purchased the DJI Goggles which cannot be controlled via my P4P+ screen. A P4P controller plus ANY monitor will allow full Goggle functionality.

Lance A.
DJIs CrystalSky Android device is what you're looking for. It's got a 7.8" display that's the same brightness as your + controller. Wait another couple months and you might be able to get the ULTRA version, twice as bright. I heard those are just starting to ship in the US now, $850/ea.

Last edited:
Hands down the Plus screen is 100% brighter than a tablet or phone. Also Phones and tablets heat up and shut down if you fly in temps over 85 degrees for extended periods. Downside you can not run 3rd party apps. However if you are pilot who actually "flies" his drone and not a 'bot' who lets a computer fly it, then take the plus. If you intend to do mapping or surveying you will need 3rd party apps so take the tablet or phone.

I have the P4A+ an d really don't like that I can't use Litchi or DroneDeploy (mapping) with it. I was going to buy a standard controller on eBay, but I think with the most recent firmware upgrade the original P4 controller that I still have can work with the P4A. At least I found a menu item on the P4 controller that allows choice of which aircraft model to link up to. Haven't tested it but planning to.

I really love the idea of not having to worry about plugging in a seperate tablet and making sure it's charged etc, but the small screen size and the fact that one is unable to load 3rd party apps, it's a big turn off.

You see this is what happens, greedy companies decide to lock down their equipment ( I know a few) and put people off from buying their product. I will not buy an iphone for that reason. Now, if DJI allowed me to install Litchi or any other app on my P4P+, I would spend the extra dollars to get the +, and I would use DJI GO and Litchi as I need them, just like I do now with my P3S. Although I don't think they care as they probably make the same profit from the P4P as they do from the +

Although I'm too wary about buying a non DJI drone, the new Yuneec has some awesome features with retractable landing gear, 4k etc. and it's quite a bit cheaper. Yes, range and flight time is not quite as good. Dunno, it's a hard one

Now, if DJI allowed me to install Litchi or any other app on my P4P+, I would spend the extra dollars to get the +, and I would use DJI GO and Litchi as I need them, just like I do now with my P3S.

What are the features on Litchi that are better than the DJI Go4 ? or is more about the stability of the app ?

Other than Litchi, what other apps would you like to side load onto the P4P+?

I love litchi's ability to do waypoints. Other than that, I can live with the DJI GO4. I don't use waypoints often, but I don't want to be restricted to not using them, especially if I have to pay just under 3 grand.
I don't really mind if I can't load any other apps other than Litchi. I do have HD sync on my tablet now and a screen recorder, but like I said, if I can just have Litchi I'd probably spend my hard earned cash on the +

One big difference that has not been mentioned regarding the P4P+ is that you are always going to be stuck with a customized Android version of GO 4 which is unique to the P4P+. The more innovative, stable, and robust iOS version of GO 4 will never be available, without buying a separate P4P controller for an extra $319. DJI's Android coders historically have a very poor track record, compared to their iOS developers. That may change with the CS device, but I am not convinced yet. It was 3 months before the first upate to the bug riddled P4P+, while the iOS P4P version was already on its fourth update by then!

The only comment I can make, I bought the "+" for the bright screen.
I figured if it was difficult to see my Samsung S6 screen outdoors in sunlight I wasn't going to be comfortable flying with it.
As for third party apps & Litchi (?) being new to the game - I can't comment.
All I can say is that the "+" screen is BRIGHT !
:sunglasses::sunglasses:

I love litchi's ability to do waypoints. Other than that, I can live with the DJI GO4. I don't use waypoints often, but I don't want to be restricted to not using them, especially if I have to pay just under 3 grand.
I don't really mind if I can't load any other apps other than Litchi. I do have HD sync on my tablet now and a screen recorder, but like I said, if I can just have Litchi I'd probably spend my hard earned cash on the +

Have you tried the Waypoints function in the "intelligent mode" of the DJI Go4 app ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119