P4P+ new firmware update 01.05.0600

Thx for all of the commentary - DJI has caused many other serious issues with previously good versions of firmware in an attempt to control and establish the no-fly zone restrictions. Until the masses of users show me through much feedback that a version is basically bug-free and operates without issues, I am staying on version ‘509’.

I'm not sure what serious issues you are referring to but my aircraft seems to fly well on the latest firmware. Am I missing some inherent flaws that I should be aware of?

DJI didn't establish the No Fly Zone in the USA, the FAA is responsible for it.

www.faa.gov/uas/where_to_fly/airspace_restrictions/

What DJI is responsible for is adding geofencing to their firmware. Even my car has geo fencing built into it's navigation software. It's not a bad thing especially for parents watching there teenagers driving habits.

The latest upgrade was worth it to me if for No other reason than adding the Camera Panaroma Modes for the P4P. It corrected a flaw as you have noted one version may add problems, but they corrected the problem with camera flipping the video 180° when you gimbled straight down in the latest version.

I do agree with you that they need more flight testing before releasing firmware that changes or affects the aircrafts flight characteristics. I don't think geo fencing is a software flaw however. It will help keep recreational pilots out of restricted airspace while it allows pilots like yourself able to fly freely in un-restricted airspace.

The end result is keeping our NAS safer while at the same time not making all drone pilots look unsafe by incursions with manned aircraft.

I'm not sure what serious issues you are referring to but my aircraft seems to fly well on the latest firmware. Am I missing some inherent flaws that I should be aware of?

DJI didn't establish the No Fly Zone in the USA, the FAA is responsible for it.

www.faa.gov/uas/where_to_fly/airspace_restrictions/

What DJI is responsible for is adding geofencing to their firmware. Even my car has geo fencing built into it's navigation software. It's not a bad thing especially for parents watching there teenagers driving habits.

The latest upgrade was worth it to me if for No other reason than adding the Camera Panaroma Modes for the P4P. It corrected a flaw as you have noted one version may add problems, but they corrected the problem with camera flipping the video 180° when you gimbled straight down in the latest version.

I do agree with you that they need more flight testing before releasing firmware that changes or affects the aircrafts flight characteristics. I don't think geo fencing is a software flaw however. It will help keep recreational pilots out of restricted airspace while it allows pilots like yourself able to fly freely in un-restricted airspace.

The end result is keeping our NAS safer while at the same time not making all drone pilots look unsafe by incursions with manned aircraft.
Thanks for the reply Barry ... I totally agree with you regarding safety fencing BUT while attempting to put that in place DJI broke and / or removed other things along the way and ultimately caused MANY issues ... just search this forum for lots of folks discussing the trials and tribulations of the P4P firmware releases since ‘509’ (the most stable one so far at that time), after that one last Spring through now. All I wanted to see was the various feedback from a large number of pilots using the latest release in hopes that maybe they improved their quality index with this latest one. The releases between ‘509’, up to and including the one prior to the latest release, have been plagued with various issues (both minor and major) due to poor or insufficient regression testing prior to a firmware release out to the user community.

Reactions: Firebird
I wouldn't say they broke thngs...I would say they never got them right the first time...but Barry appears to be one Of the lucky ones who has had problem free flying from the start...and is under the impression that people with problems are at fault themselves.
My p3pro was problem free...apart from replacement shell for the cracks. My p4pro goes half the distance the 3 did plus I've a few other minor grips. I'd love to try the pano mode but I'm sticking with my firmware/go app versions from June 2017 as I don't want any more issues lol.

I wouldn't say they broke thngs...I would say they never got them right the first time...but Barry appears to be one Of the lucky ones who has had problem free flying from the start...and is under the impression that people with problems are at fault themselves.
My p3pro was problem free...apart from replacement shell for the cracks. My p4pro goes half the distance the 3 did plus I've a few other minor grips. I'd love to try the pano mode but I'm sticking with my firmware/go app versions from June 2017 as I don't want any more issues lol.
Interesting - a lot of us hold our P3pros as the standard to compare to other models. I never bought a P4 because so many folks said it's range was weak compared to the P3Pro. I was finally convinced to try a P4Pro and was thrilled when it's range was a little better than my P3Pro for where I typically fly (even with the ITelite DBS02 on the P3Pro). I am wondering if the quality control / part to part variation on DJI drones is the issue with the different experiences people are having both with range and firmware updates.

I've got about 90 minutes of fly time in with .600 and everything has performed beautifully. However I'm new to this whole thing and started with this version.

Reactions: Whiskey_Throttle
Keep the report-outs coming in ... that is the only way for the user community to get a TRUE assessment of the quality and dependability of the latest release of P4P & P4P+ firmware ... that primarily controls how our $1800 investment returns back to us each time we fly.

I have a question...my p4p+ says App 4.1.6, version 01.04.0602, and aircraft database 01.00.01.07.. I got this one September 2017 and have not updated anything. I'm at 120 flights with no problems except my flight log data stopped at 3/28/18. Can not updating this long cause that? All the photos are currently dated but no log. I've just read so many problem posts after updates that I just kept going since all was well, but I would like to have the logs. Thanks for any insight.......

Just had one 15mins flight all seems perfect no problem at all on 1.05.0600 - From take off to landing , lots of functions tried & first go at the Pano function - all superb & perfect!
smile.gif
Just picked up my phantom for pro yesterday I have a Mavic for one year now I know all about how find where updates can be a pain I keep scratching my head wondering is the newest firmware update safe or should I just stick with the one that it came with which seems to be good have an actually got to do a real flight because of the wind just want your opinion should I do it or not???

Just picked up my phantom for pro yesterday I have a Mavic for one year now I know all about how find where updates can be a pain I keep scratching my head wondering is the newest firmware update safe or should I just stick with the one that it came with which seems to be good have an actually got to do a real flight because of the wind just want your opinion should I do it or not???
You can find the firmware release notes on the P4P downloads page. If the newer firmware releases contain features/fixes you want to take advantage of, then you should definitely update your firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164