P4P+ new firmware update 01.05.0600

Reaction score
Hello everybody.
I'm a 3 months old P4P+ owner, reading and following this forum since my first flight. Thanks to all for every useful discussion and information I could find here. This morning I've found a new firmware release (01.05.0600) ready for my bird, does anyone know if it brings any improvement or extra features?
Thank you

You can check out the changes in the release notes. That document is available on the P4P downloads page.

Just had one 15mins flight all seems perfect no problem at all on 1.05.0600 - From take off to landing , lots of functions tried & first go at the Pano function - all superb & perfect!
smile.gif

Hello everybody.
I'm a 3 months old P4P+ owner, reading and following this forum since my first flight. Thanks to all for every useful discussion and information I could find here. This morning I've found a new firmware release (01.05.0600) ready for my bird, does anyone know if it brings any improvement or extra features?
Thank you

here‘s the link with the release notes:

DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Just had one 15mins flight all seems perfect no problem at all on 1.05.0600 - From take off to landing , lots of functions tried & first go at the Pano function - all superb & perfect!
smile.gif

I‘ve had a slight „panic moment“ yesterday after upgrading, when during normal and peaceful flight P4P completely freaked out - I recall „GPS error“ or something - but I was too busy controlling the very erratical flight. it was like flying a race drone. however, after 2-3 seconds everything was back to normal.
Going to check again this weekend.

I did the update and have flown 2 batteries worth, too cold and rainy to fly more. All of the issues from the last release appear to be fixed plus the pano mode works great.

Reactions: Rick218
I just downloaded the upgrade; took the Drone for a spin, No issues so far. It fixed the flipped live view problem, but didn't see any difference on the photo color and contrast. it did take me three tries to get it to download though, i had to restart the Drone, Remote and the App. I will be flying close to home with a new download for a while just in case. I learned my lesson with my old P3S when it "Twice" crashed on me after an upload.

Hope we keep getting lots of user reports on the performance of this firmware update ... that is the ONLY way for others to feel it is either a good update or the usual problematic update we all have unfortunately become accustomed to being released from DJI. One can hope that DJI is finally starting to thoroughly regression-test their firmware prior to releasing it to the general public for use. Time will tell !!!

Reactions: Thinblueline903
The firmware update re-added the Pano Mode which I took through some paces. Took me 3 tries to figure out the stitching but once I got it down the winds had picked up enough to blur the distant pictures but the drone seemed to fly well except landing in 15+ winds.

It also corrected the video flip when you gimbled all the way down. It now comes back right side up.

Anything else not right? Any other anomalies or things removed that you used to have control over? What about the mandatory control of updating and the no-fly zone lock-outs? Are they still present?

Installation made, I have reviewed on the table and it seems that everything is fine. The field test is missing.

Installation made, I have reviewed on the table and it seems that everything is fine. The field test is missing.
What about mandatory updates ... it won't let you fly unless you are on a specific minimum update version? That started sometime last year in one of the firmware versions and still remains as far as I know. You physically can't fly until you log in and after logging in it forces an update or you can't fly. It was DJI's way to control you into updating to at least that particular version of firmware. I am still on '509' because I want control of the version I install for my drone flight. That method of mandatory control was not built into any of DJI's older firmware ... I am not sure in what version that changed but it was somewhere in between the current version and '509'.

The No Fly Zone in my opinion is a great idea. It means that your aircraft is flying out side of restricted airspace which keeps the National Air Space (NAS) Safer.

Why do you feel you need the freedom to violate the law?

The No Fly Zone limits flight into restricted airspace. If you really feel the need to operate in restricted air space you can file for a waiver and do it the right, legal way. If you have a waiver you simply send an email message to dji and they will send a file modification to open the airspace on your system in accordance with the waiver, it is a much simpler process than currently getting the waiver itself.

That however is about to drastically change for part 107 Remote Pilots. Awh, there are real benefits to learning Navigation and the rules! With the Unmanned Traffic Management System (UTM) initiative licensed part 107 pilots will be able to file flight plans in restricted air space, and if approved by the local air traffic control you will have immediate real time waivers for your flights in Class B, C, D and E Airspace. No longer will you need long 90 days periods of approval for some standard waivers like flying close to an airport, at night, over people/events, above 400ft. You will be able to file your flight plan direct through online applications like AirMap which already provides great situational awareness with localized WX, Notams, TFR, and Aircraft approaching your area, their altitude, direction, speed, time of arrival. This technology is mandated on all passenger aircraft by 2020. We as drone pilots will be able to steer clear of all passenger aircraft with real time data. This should be in 300 airports with coverage of 500 airports by mid summer 2018 (this year).

So I guess the moral to this story is take a little initiative just like any other aircraft pilot an obtain your Airmans Certificate and open up a lot of Airspace to fly your drones legally while protecting the safety of the National Air Space (NAS).

Recreational Pilots aren't allowed to file for waivers or perform any activities for compensation like photography. So what better reason to obtain your 14 CFR part 107 sUAS Remote Pilot Certification.

Reactions: thatsanicepicture
Did the update no problem - took a test flight over the Thimble Islands this morning - no issues. Lighting was mediocre, and about 10 knot wind, but the Horizon was perfectly level throughout the flight. This update didn't mention any horizon tilt improvement, but I can't remember having a flight where it behaved this well before. Likely just lucky flight - but I usually spend some time adjusting tilt during a flight - tends to be one of my pet peeves. I wasn't close to any NFZ's - so don't know if they pooched this up more. Was about 28 F out - no battery problems.

Reactions: Lefty63
I'm of the opinion, if it ain't broke don't fix it. So I don't upgrade at every new firmware release. I recently purchased another P4P that came with release (01.05.0600). Weather here hasn't been cooperative, so I haven't had a chance to try it out. Hoping it goes smooth.

Reactions: Whiskey_Throttle
Thx for all of the commentary -
1) I don’t violate any airspace restrictions
2) I use other software to tell me where and what the current air restrictions are and I adhere to them
3) I set my air ceiling to the limit of 400 ft.
4) I fly safely and adhere to the regulations.
5) DJI has caused many other serious issues with previously good versions of firmware in an attempt to control and establish the no-fly zone restrictions. Until the masses of users show me through much feedback that a version is basically bug-free and operates without issues, I am staying on version ‘509’. Many of the versions after ‘509’ only screwed up things that previously worked well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164