P4P Mystery -Video stopped recording in flight

Reaction score
Just had an odd event yesterday. Had the P4P up about 200 ft. Tried to record video and the darn thing kept stopping the video recording. (YES- micro sd had 0 on it, just formatted it before flight.) brought the bird down and still had same problem 20 ft away. Photos however, taken ok.
Temp 28 F. Winds relatively calm.
Had the drone in its case for about 1/2 hour before flight in cold garage with the shake up glove warmers in the box ( I suspect it's the glove warmer packs???? Never used them before.) Later on in day, no problem with video stopping.
d233930763ca324f98100a9cc6ab4fb4.jpg
d706d6c0ad81dfbd7af1771872e37e20.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just had an odd event yesterday. Had the P4P up about 200 ft. Tried to record video and the darn thing kept stopping the video recording. (YES- micro sd had 0 on it, just formatted it before flight.) brought the bird down and still had same problem 20 ft away. Photos however, taken ok.
Temp 28 F. Winds relatively calm.
Had the drone in its case for about 1/2 hour before flight in cold garage with the shake up glove warmers in the box ( I suspect it's the glove warmer packs???? Never used them before.) Later on in day, no problem with video stopping.
d233930763ca324f98100a9cc6ab4fb4.jpg
d706d6c0ad81dfbd7af1771872e37e20.jpg

What do you have your maximum video size set to? I think the setting defaults to 2 MB. I set mine to 6MB, which is more than enough to record for a full flight.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If the SD card is not rated for fast enough speeds, it may not be able to keep up with the video writes. What resolution and frame rate are you recording and what type of SD card do you have in your bird?

I had the settings set to auto but with Dcinelike. I thought my msd card was fast enough, but maybe not. I'll have to check. I don't really like understand Shelron's question.

I am having same problem with intermittent recording. I will record and stop recording in mid flight. Then I can usually start it again for 7-11 secs. recording 4k, 30fps P4P+. Ruined a shoot i had in the mountains yesterday. If it can be solved with an SD card, then Hurray. My issues never seem to be solved that easily...lol

Hi, I am having this problem too, yesterday I was recording a kart race and lost almost all my material becouse of that issue, I was recording at 1080, 120fps P4P, the main problem is that I was there to cover an amateur´s Kart race, and charge for it, now I can't send the proper files becouse of that issue. This isn't the first time that happens, if someone know how to fix it I'll apreciate thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164