P4P mistake?

Someone that is flying some serious equipment is what that means if its him. LOL! What's a Drone Fan Club card btw?

It's someone who is a veteran who has 100% psych ptsd who served in theatre who has been to rehab 15 times in 10 years. That created a club for all vets to join. Kinda like underwater basket weaving.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: KevMo Photog
My concern is that my future lovely clients will look at the P4P and see "toy" - if I acted quickly I could change this for an Inspire 1 v2. - would my lovely clients then say "professional outfit
What kind of clients are you intending to have?
What kind of use to you anticipate using the drone for?
Another point to consider is that if you are intending to go pro, one drone will not be enough.
You will need a backup machine to be able to keep working if you ever have a problem with your drone.
If you want to go the Inspire route that is a lot more $$.

If you want to sell your P4pro, it is best to sell it now. The appreciation is still very good.

I have Inspire 1 v2. When people first look at it, they assume expensive and professional. However, an Inspire 1 would need at least a x5 camera attached to it to spell -- professional, which is a little costly, but you can always buy a second-hand x5

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Your clients will book you based on your current portfolio of work not what tools you use.

You can have the best gear in the world but it you can't fly it properly or compose a good shot then your up **** creek!

Oddly, the 23 year old kid who was shooting drone video today for the PGA only had a DJI hardshell backpack with a P3P inside. Of course, he had an assistant handcatch for him, as he didn't know how to handcatch himself! Kids these days! :rolleyes: He was ready to buy a P4P+, after I demonstrated mine for him, and explained all the improvements! However, if a P3P in a DJI hardshell backpack is good enough for the PGA, it should be good enough for most work, if you know how to use it, and have the right connections. With proper marketing, even iPhone Wedding Photography could become a viable business! :p

Anyone who thinks it's a toy and won't hire you because of that, is probably not worth working for. It is not a toy, and the quality of work and photographic results are what their decision should be based on.

Unfortunately, appearances do matter. Bring along an empty shell of a crashed Inspire 1, and your P3P, as your backup bird. Then, when the dead Inspire won't boot up (go figure!), save the day with your P3P back up bird! :p

I work on set with the Inspire and X5R a lot. Crew will sometimes comment on how small it is. I explain to them that for most shoots, it is easier and faster to work with than a heavy-lift system. Bottom line is you use the right tool for the job. There's no point to rolling up in a Ferrari unless you're going to the track or a car show. Otherwise, you got the wrong tool.

snowfall-bts-day-4-05.jpg
Now if you where single, if would be be the right tool.

I wish they would make the inspire the size of Phantom so it could fit onto a backpack with the camera mounted and ready.. I was contemplating of buying one but
the size of it and the setup time is what kept me away from getting one as a matter of fact I even had one preordered and ended up canceling the order.
I think I will also skip the P4P and wait for Phantom 5, maybe get the P4 when it gets lower in price on boxing day.
P4P the camera seems great overlooking the specs and seeing some of the videos and photos posted, all the sensors really I care less for as I want to pilot my drone 100% of the time,
besides there is no need for me to get to objects that close to rely on all the sensors .
I hope P5 will be a different shape craft and even better camera than P4P

It's not the size of the drone that matters, it's how you use it.

Actually the size matters when you look at portability... do I wanna look like I'm traveling to China for a year long stay with a giant case containing Inspire 1 ? not really...
I was saying it would be awesome to have the same type of drone as inspire with the ability to raise the gear so you do not get the props in the shot but having the portability of the phantom style drone...
Regarding phantom itself I think the current Phantom shell design is calling for a change, it has no appeal to me at all as a matter of fact I think it is the ugliest design among the current drones on the market.
I would like to see the phantom 5 adopt some of the inspire design features, get rid of those ugly legs and raise the props up lol

Actually the size matters when you look at portability... do I wanna look like I'm traveling to China for a year long stay with a giant case containing Inspire 1 ? not really...
I was saying it would be awesome to have the same type of drone as inspire with the ability to raise the gear so you do not get the props in the shot but having the portability of the phantom style drone...
Regarding phantom itself I think the current Phantom shell design is calling for a change, it has no appeal to me at all as a matter of fact I think it is the ugliest design among the current drones on the market.
I would like to see the phantom 5 adopt some of the inspire design features, get rid of those ugly legs and raise the props up lol
It's not about the tool. It's about the artwork you create with it. Did Picasso worry about how appealing his paintbrushes were? Did Ansel Adams obsess over the look of his tripods? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pharm
Clients should judge you by your work, not so much your equipment, i.e. Iphone vs Nikon. I have a P3P that I use(d) for my wife in her real estate business. No one ever had a problem with it or my P2+.

We recently changed brokerage to Kuper Sotheby's International Realty, they provide all photography, video, interior/exterior & drone for us at no charge to us or the client. Put me outta business & wife unloaded on me with a million honey-do's.

On our first property to be photographed, a youngster (I'm old) arrived with a plain P4. I told him what I wanted & he took off. Zipping back & forth, side to side & up & down, so fast that I thought the photos would be junk.

To shorten this long story, the product he provided was top rate. The saying, don't judge a book by the cover, was true. I requested him for the next 23 properties!

Build a portfolio of stills & videos you can show a client on your website or tablet. Adorama (I think) will put your photos in a hardback book cheap. Every time we've handed the book to a client, we obtained the listing.

Now, back to the honey-do list.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94