P4P losing satellites

Reaction score
Hi! Really enjoying the new drone. It's an amazing machine I have owned for 3 weeks now. I also have a P3P with many hours under the belt. On a couple of occasions now my P4P has lost all satellite communication. I get a warning on the screen that I am flying in vision mode. I generally fly line of sight but not always. This loss of satellite happens in clear sky and goes from having 15+ to no satellites. It's pretty scary and I start to bring the bird home immediately. When it's close I hover and it normally picks up the satellites again. My worry is that it loses the satellites when out of sight and then loses video feed. Will it still RTH without satellites. Does any one else experience this!

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi! Really enjoying the new drone. It's an amazing machine I have owned for 3 weeks now. I also have a P3P with many hours under the belt. On a couple of occasions now my P4P has lost all satellite communication. I get a warning on the screen that I am flying in vision mode. I generally fly line of sight but not always. This loss of satellite happens in clear sky and goes from having 15+ to no satellites. It's pretty scary and I start to bring the bird home immediately. When it's close I hover and it normally picks up the satellites again. My worry is that it loses the satellites when out of sight and then loses video feed. Will it still RTH without satellites. Does any one else experience this!

This is not good at all man! And I would not think that it can return home if it has zero sattelites. So if you were way out you would have to rely on your map with bird and green line to get back. If that is still there that is. So how far out were you when you lost sattelites? Did you try RTH when it happened?

It was close. Less than 300 ft. Did not try RTH.. just flew it back, hovered next to me and waited for it to pick up satellites again.... but has me really worried about flying it further away.

RTH needs Locked GPS and good compass.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This has happened on my p4p on one occasion. Wind immediately got a good grab so not great. Lasted about 30 seconds

I had a P3A that would lose sats whenever I flew in any direction, as soon as I stopped it would regain sats, it never completely lost all but would go from 18 down to 6 or 7 then slowly back up when the aircraft was in a stationary hover. I returned it. My new one doesn't do it, neither does my wife's P4 or my P4P. I say contact Dji, but you might need more testing before sending it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine started doing it as well!!! Im quite happy im not alone. I was flying in a quite windy day and drone started to drift by itself near a building n almost crashed. I immediately put it on sports mode to avoid any damage. Im scared to fly it any further now that it might happen again n it will just fly away. It happened today again but just for like 3 secs it went into atti mode by itself coz of weak satelites , then it went back to 15.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing