P4P+: DLing video via USB from onboard controller memory?

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked, but I wasn't able to find it while searching the keywords I could think of.

I went flying yesterday. I knew my SD card was full, but I figured I'd format it from the quad at the beginning of the first battery. I did that, but apparently it didn't work, so I didn't get any onboard footage on the SD card. I still have the shots on my controller's memory from what was streamed in realtime, but I can't figure out how to get those to my computer for editing. The footage isn't great, being realtime streaming, but it's not bad.

I know I could upload to a supported hosting site from the controller (like skypixel) and then use a FRAPs type screen recorder to record while viewing from the hosting site, but I don't want to introduce that extra compression given the already questionable quality I'm working with.

If I just hook the controller up to my computer via USB, my computer doesn't recognize the USB memory device.

Does anybody know how I can transfer that footage without having to compress twice?

You can transfer files from the P4P+ remote controller like this.

Reactions: Jason Alberta

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor