P4 sudden speed loss and critical battery warning

Reaction score
I just pulled my P4 out after 2 weeks of no flying. Of course it needed to go through firmware upgrades (using term lightly). I got several "critcal battery landing" warnings while sitting p4 was on ground. Highest obtained speed was 22 mph. That took quite a bit of distance to get to achieve that speed. Anyone else having issues?

Last edited:
Latest outing I got several "critcal battery landing" warnings while sitting on ground and speed reduced to 22 mph. That took quite a bit of distance to get to that.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Can you go into more detail?

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Click my link above :)

So I see specs say max speed 20mps. So that's roughly 45 mph. That would be sport mode. It doesn't give max speed in regular mode but I'm getting 22mph and as low as 15 mph. The p3 is approx 35mph. Can anyone give me there average speed in non sport mode? Sport mode seems normal to me but regular mode definitely seems off. This is right after an update. Did dji slow it down to make the sport mode seem faster?

Other than the bird's firmware updates, did you also update each one of your batteries?

Yes I believe that's when I got the "critical low battery" warnings. I will try and turn off the avoidance and see if the speed picks up

Make sure you top off the battery as well if it's been in storage for for awhile. Today I used my extra battery and was getting battery warning at 65%. Turning off obstacle avoidance should help with increasing the speed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Highest obtained speed was 22 mph. That took quite a bit of distance to get to achieve that speed. Anyone else having issues?

I have no problems with my battery, but after the last firmware upgrade, my top speeds have dropped. In Sport mode, I used to be able to hit 50+ Mph easily with a slight tail wind. (My fastest to date is 57.2 Mph). Now I struggle to get to 45 Mph.

Exactly. I think dji slowed everything down. My guess is that to many people are still hitting things with obstacle avoidance on so they slow it down so the system works better.
I turned obstacle avoidance off and it is working as it used to. 35mph and sport about 45. I can leave side avoidance options that are below the front avoidance button and that has no effect
It's a shame that in order to have obstacle avoidance on you have to be the slow moving Ballon just buzzing around

I have no problems with my battery, but after the last firmware upgrade, my top speeds have dropped. In Sport mode, I used to be able to hit 50+ Mph easily with a slight tail wind. (My fastest to date is 57.2 Mph). Now I struggle to get to 45 Mph.
Just readin this cause now i lost lot of speed after update,,,like 30mph off top speed,,,what has happened

Just readin this cause now i lost lot of speed after update,,,like 30mph off top speed,,,what has happened
Any advice speed loss dont plan to hit nothing so is it safe to turn vps off,will this get my speed back,,,p3s does 52mph,,,p4 now doin same speed,,,wheres the nitro button,ha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl