P4 - Size Matters

Reaction score
In all the press information I read I couldn't find size information. It appeared the leaked photos made the P4 larger (Height-Width-Depth), but it's not. It's the same size, according to what I just received by email, below. These dimensions appear to be identical to P3. So there you go, some of the current backpacks will work fine, such as the Think Tank.

upload_2016-3-1_23-41-32.png

Has anyone figured out the difference between pushing the new PAUSE button and simply giving NO STICK INPUT? And what happened to the replay function? Since the button was removed from the RC, will that function be available in the GO app?

The body is just a different shape. More of a blown up ballooned shape. Bloated in the middle then a drastic reduction to thin arms. I think with some custom foam cases it might be a problem especially with the thicker arms that taper to skinny at their ends.

All that empty white space still bothers me though no matter how many times I look at it. You would think they could have added some kind of design in the plastic to not make it appear as a huge white billboard of a space.

The new one looks like the Python that ate the rat... Not pretty is it?

With the increased surface area the wind speed will be problem? What's the max wind speed for the P4 compared to the P3?

Has anyone figured out the difference between pushing the new PAUSE button and simply giving NO STICK INPUT? And what happened to the replay function? Since the button was removed from the RC, will that function be available in the GO app?

Return to home, orbit, waypoints. Anything that flys the P4 without stick input would be effected by the pause button.

The pause button pauses flight in the IOC autonomous flight modes. When flying manually you would just release the sticks.

Then it's not just me who thinks DJI dropped the ball when it comes to looks. I think they would sell more if they just added something like a cool body decal. The big body is made worse by making it glossy white.

I dont like it ! Look so fat... And like a toy sorry but is my point [emoji85]
It's ugly ..looks like a blimp

Interesting to note, from the side the P4 looks pregnant in comparison to the P3. However from the top view looking down, the body is slimmer, compared to the P3. This is clever, as it lets more air thrust downward to increase flight duration efficiency. The slick glossy finish helps with wind flow too. Maybe waxing it would also help. :p Every little bit helps.

By the way, those little loops on the end of the motor pods are for optional props guards, confirmed with DJI via email support (maybe this is old news, not sure).

upload_2016-3-3_10-14-28.png

Last edited:
Then it's not just me who thinks DJI dropped the ball when it comes to looks. I think they would sell more if they just added something like a cool body decal. The big body is made worse by making it glossy white.
They are leaving the looks dept in your capable hands, providing a clean white slate to pimp to your discretion. The vinyl wraps available actually look really good, and easy to install. I got an American flag theme for my P3P. I like it, and it's unique in my neighborhood. Even comes with matching stickers for the RC, which comes in handy to know which RC goes to which P3 (I have two).

They are leaving the looks dept in your capable hands, providing a clean white slate to pimp to your discretion.
While I think $1400 is less of an impulse buy, look how many "carbon" props are bought and the fact that several companies made black P3's. If a person is torn between two drones, the looks may very well come into play. To prove my point I'll just mention a certain fruit company.

Very nice looking drone...the P3 looks pieced together by comparison. I'll get the upgraded version if I'm still into drone flying by then.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl