Phantom P4 Styrene case size ?????

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what the (accurate) size (Width x Depth x Height) of the styrene case that the P4 comes in.
awaiting delivery of my P4 and want to find a case for the existing case can go in.
Can somebody get the ruler out for me !!
Any help much appreciated !!!

38cm x 32cm x 21.5 cm for the case, but you need to allow 40cm for the long measurement as the handle protrudes 2 cm.

Reactions: CEEJAY
38cm x 32cm x 21.5 cm for the case, but you need to allow 40cm for the long measurement as the handle protrudes 2 cm.

Thanks rockydog !! much appreciated for your swift answer !! Now I know what I am up against.
I make Professional Flight Cases for the music industry anyway, I think I will have a go now I know what size to make it, at least I will know it will fit !!.
Once again, many thanks !!

The case is quite adequate for transporting in a car, but won't stand up to hard use. What some people have done is to spray the case with Plasti Dip, which protects the foam and gives a much sturdier case.

Reactions: CEEJAY
Can somebody tell me what the (accurate) size (Width x Depth x Height) of the styrene case that the P4 comes in.
awaiting delivery of my P4 and want to find a case for the existing case can go in.
Can somebody get the ruler out for me !!
Any help much appreciated !!!

Hi CeeJay,

You might want to read through this thread: Plasti Dip + Phantom 4 Case? Why not?!

Most of that thread is about plasti-dipping the case, but there's also some talk about bags that fit the OEM styro case.

Here's my 2¢... I wanted to find a backpack that would fit the OEM styro case inside. Based on others' recommendations, I bought this: MidwayUSA Tactical Backpack However, (although it is a very nice backpack for the price) the fit is just too tight– it takes way too much work to stretch the bag over the case. So, I have since ordered this: Backpack Bag Carrying Shoulder Bag Black Strip For DJI Phantom 4 Drone but it hasn't arrived yet...

But it sounds like you might be making your own case to fit the OEM styro case rather than buying one? If you do, please post photos of the work in progress and the finished product– I'd be interested in seeing them!

Last edited:
I found out that by removing the polystyrene packing from my phantom 3 backpack, the P4 case fits inside perfectly. Job done! Total cost to me, nothing. :)
P1030163.JPG
P1030164.JPG
I

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl