P4 Pro Prop Mounting for Balancing

Reaction score
I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY MENTION OF HOW TO MOUNT THE PROPELLOR ON THE BALANCE SHAFT? dOES THE CENTER OF THE HUB POP OFF OR WHAT?

Which prop balancer are you using?

If you bought the 499 model, it comes with this prop rod that fits the Phantom 4 props. Just push the prop onto the end of the prop rod.

If you bought a different model, you'll need to buy a prop rod that's compatible with the Phantom 4 props. Here are a few commonly used Phantom 4 prop rods:

Last edited:
BUTTT ... there is a plastic cap over the center of the prop. With the cap in place, there is no way to run a shaft through it. ???

??? remove the plastic cap, balance, and push cap back on or what ???

There is no removable cap on the prop. The prop just sits on top of the prop rod.

20180127_140545.png

with the rod, you just shove it in the hole, place the shaft on the balancer and it works, no sweat. Bought the shaft, for the P4P, on line. I use cello tape, to balance, no sanding. It doesn't come off, even if you hit a bug.:)

I use a nail (with the point ground off) just a bit smaller than the hole. You just Set it on and spin it. Lower side is heavier

I used a mechanical pencil that fit the hole in the prop and got good results. Then I bought the prop balancer shown in the above photos and got the same results. Either works!
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

If you bought the 499 model, it comes with this prop rod that fits the Phantom 4 props. Just push the prop onto the end of the prop rod.

If you bought a different model, you'll need to buy a prop rod that's compatible with the Phantom 4 props. Here are a few commonly used Phantom 4 prop rods:
Mike
I have a P3A and found that the Du-Bro would not work because of the cap at the end of the prop. Is their a different one for the P3A?

I have a P3A and found that the Du-Bro would not work because of the cap at the end of the prop. Is their a different one for the P3A?
You'll need a different prop rod for the P3A. Here are some commonly used prop rods that'll fit the P3A (or any other P3 model):

Last edited:
I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY MENTION OF HOW TO MOUNT THE PROPELLOR ON THE BALANCE SHAFT? dOES THE CENTER OF THE HUB POP OFF OR WHAT?

My reply is not a helpful one but, I tried countless ways to balance with my P4 Dubro balancer and their official balancing rod. I could not obtain consistent results. I'd put a blade on, spin, balance it if needed. Then take it off the rod, and back on again after rotating the blade a bit. It would show out of balance. Etc. etc. etc. I gave up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94