P4 Pro Down in Tree

Reaction score
Found neighbors P4 pro in deep woods hanging upside down about 40 yards up. Repeated attempts to get it down have failed so far including shooting branch(too thick). Waiting for today's 40 mph winds to maybe bring it down.
When he was flying, operator got a motor stalled warning after apparent crash. My question is would the motors have automatically shut down, or would motors continue spinning until battery wears down?
To add insult to injury, after months of dry weather, the first night in tree, it rained cats and dogs and our 50 degree weather is now in the 20's.
Come on gravity.!

Hire a monkey (that's slang for tree guy) to go up and get it. It'll be cheaper than replacing the gimbal / camera assy

I'm not sure about the P4 but the P3 would shut down the motor after a few seconds of obstruction ( I learned this a couple of different times LOL).

I agree call a local tree company or if you know a Power Company Lineman they can usually do this in a matter of minutes for you.

If the winds dont help and deer rifles fail, its up to the p4 owner, but lineman or tree climber could work. Biggest issue is 3/4 mile back in the woods.
thanks for ideas all.

Found neighbors P4 pro in deep woods hanging upside down about 40 yards up. Repeated attempts to get it down have failed so far including shooting branch(too thick). Waiting for today's 40 mph winds to maybe bring it down.
When he was flying, operator got a motor stalled warning after apparent crash. My question is would the motors have automatically shut down, or would motors continue spinning until battery wears down?
To add insult to injury, after months of dry weather, the first night in tree, it rained cats and dogs and our 50 degree weather is now in the 20's.
Come on gravity.!

Tell my cheep butt brother in law there’s a quarter taped to the inside of the drone, he will cut the tree down for you or claw his way up to the drone for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3