Need help getting a phantom out of a tree

My phantom is currently 40 to 50 feet up in a tree,
So I am out of ideas, any help would be great. And Oh, I move to Guatemala next tuesday, So I only have a few days to get it before I go.

This thread is pretty funny.
Hey Alex, how about sharing a picture of the tree and circling the spot where the bird is nesting?

Or, in a few days you can share the address you've left it at... LOL

Reactions: beeline
someone in florida say frisbee golf??
20121031_191349.jpg
Awesome signed by Kenny Climo too! Hey fly your phantom through the courses down there and share please! I've started shooting video of ours already... Suggest prop guards though some of the baskets are nestled in the trees and avoiding a bump difficult.

Yeah the real monkey fists have a lead ball in the middle....Packs a pretty good wallop...plus aids in throwing it further

Bamboo sticks (commonly used to hold up plants and are about 3-5ft long each depending on what you can find) and duct tape. Helped me get about 50ft up when a cheap quad got stuck at the top of a tree from a little wind gust.

I did this same thing with one of my first phantoms... the lighter the substance (bamboo is perfect)... the longer you can get it if pointing straight up ideally... not at an angle.

I've had a couple of phantom tree hits where small parts of the leaves and branches wrapped around the propellers so much that there was no way of releasing the drone from the wrapped around branches from the shaft with the stick. Those you might have to just leave put.

I +1 the bamboo option with lots of duct tape between lengths.

Bring a monkey's first with you, a banjo, and get a skinny buddy to go with you to help. When you get to the tree, pull out the banjo and put the fist in your other hand. Tell him you've always wanted to try a monkey's fist with him.

After he climbs the tree, explain what you meant and have him bring the quad down on his way.

I had this happen at 50 feet with a rc eye one w/ go pro (worst copter ever). Took me several days but as other person said, ladder with extension arm is really your best. Nothing else will knock it out as chances are its wedged in there pretty good (mine happened during 10-20 mph winds). You will have to violently shake the tree and I would recommended some kind of padding for the fall as it will destroy your quad.

Reactions: PaganLinuxGeek
I once used a TV antenna pole. It was nice and sturdy. The phantom was stuck pretty good but I was able to get underneath it and push it up and un-stick it from the branches. You will need a sturdy un-bending pole to get a stuck phantom out of a tree.

Gotta love a winner. Great job Alex... where's the video? LOL:):):)

Reactions: Clipper707
I think all Phantoms should come with a Big Shot Slingshot .Unless you only fly in a desert .Your bird will eventually end up looking down at you from a tree.And when it is in your back yard and have to look up at it,It's like pouring salt on a wound.

Call the fire department, tell them it's a kitten.
Seriously though, they may be willing for a little practice with the ladder truck. Or if you are friends with a fireman.

Home depot. 50 ft of pcv pipe and connectors. The type used for sprinkler. Rig a loop with some thin rope and the loose end through the pip . Keeps it from getting tangled. Hook on one of the P3 arms, pull it tight and bring it down safely.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie