P4 Pro Camera Is Incredible - From a Professional Photographer

can somebody post a 100% file?
i have seen lot of files but corner seems not very good and lot of ca. u can fix second in pp but bad corner not.
all in all superb drone, a bit overpriced and to spend 1700 euro without any redundancy makes me a bit nervous.
No redundancy? Dual imu, dual compass, etc

one motor...that's it.
How often do we see P4 and p4p crashes caused by a motor failure? Genuinely curious. Is there another drone in this price point that has these features and camera and has at least 6 motors? I would assume yes since you seem to expect it to for this amount of money. I just haven't seen one. The closest is the typhoon H but it's inferior to the P4 and p4p.

My main point is to disagree with the OP's original statement that the P4P camera "blows away" the X5 camera. I am not arguing about the other merits of the P4P, it is a fantastic drone for the price. But to make sweeping statements about one being greatly superior to the other is misleading without any evidence to back it up. I have just completed testing of both sensors. I took still photos with identical camera settings from the same aerial view. I printed photos out to A3 size including cropped sections with identical minimal processing in Lightroom. I asked 7 people to do a blind test as to which photo showed the best resolution, was sharpest etc in their opinion. I just labelled the photos "A" and "B" so they weren't swayed by previous conceptions.Here is a summary of the results:

P4P: 20Mp 1" sensor 13.2 x 8.8mm
Vs
X5: 16Mp M4/3 sensor 17.3 x 13mm

1. Most people had great difficulty choosing which photo was best,
2. There seems to be very little difference between the output of both cameras when printed to this size.
3. No camera appeared to greatly superior or inferior to the other.
4. The P4P showed a little more noise than the X5 in some areas of the photos but it was very hard to see.
5. The P4P camera shows a tiny bit more resolution than the X5 but it was very hard to determine without scientific charts etc
6. Out of the 21 options, 18 were in favour of the X5. But with the above reservations.

I will post actual photos in another thread shortly. Please note this was not a scientific test, but was based on people's subjective opinions as to which they preferred.

Reactions: AyeYo and Dome
Currently i am using P3 Pro, I know that P4 Pro is with 1 inch sensor. However the question that i have is the lens that currently P4 pro using is good enough for the 1 inch sensor on finer detail on good daylight aeriel still photography compare with P3 Pro images.

Currently i am using P3 Pro, I know that P4 Pro is with 1 inch sensor. However the question that i have is the lens that currently P4 pro using is good enough for the 1 inch sensor on finer detail on good daylight aeriel still photography compare with P3 Pro images.
The P4P pulls the pants down on the P3P in IQ. Plenty of threads on this forum and elsewhere for you to see actual user findings and examples.

The P4P pulls the pants down on the P3P in IQ. Plenty of threads on this forum and elsewhere for you to see actual user findings and examples.
I know it is not a good reason to say i am new to the forum. However, can you link me to specified forum thread that got exact information that i am trying to search. I got into this forum from googling the question but so far none really show up. So far more comment on how impressive the 1" sensor but i really wants to look at some sample and some discussion on real world photo/image comparison. Hope you can help. Thanks.

I know it is not a good reason to say i am new to the forum. However, can you link me to specified forum thread that got exact information that i am trying to search. I got into this forum from googling the question but so far none really show up. So far more comment on how impressive the 1" sensor but i really wants to look at some sample and some discussion on real world photo/image comparison. Hope you can help. Thanks.
Does this help you?
Here's a shot from the P4 pro and a 100% enlargement to show detail.
i-D5vHkS4-X3.jpg

i-PzZ8qJb.jpg

You can see some unedited originals straight from the camera here: P4 pro Sample Images - Above & Beyond Photography

Does this help you?
i-D5vHkS4-X3.jpg

i-PzZ8qJb.jpg

You can see some unedited originals straight from the camera here: P4 pro Sample Images - Above & Beyond Photography
Hi Meta4, thanks for the photo and the link to your photo sites. Additional question, have you had a change to shot or compare "side by side" p3p/p4/mavic compare with P4P. It seems like, imho, in broad daylight both P3P and P4P having the same detail (just that p4p having higher MP).

P3P in broad daylight. (FB size download). The finer detail still there.

Attachments

• 18424099_10212555955874382_5686838660554958609_n.jpg
    18424099_10212555955874382_5686838660554958609_n.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 238
However, when it comes to sunset shots for P3P. look at the lower left, the grass will not have any detail. Again this is FB download photo. The question would be would P4P be much better?

Attachments

• 18403572_10212554096107889_6774467814556300252_n.jpg
    18403572_10212554096107889_6774467814556300252_n.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Another question, have you seen such banding on your shots when you pull the shadows on P4P? I remember seeing this banding on my Canon 50D camera which is a problem on that model for low light for that particular model. Canon fix it on their next model. Dark side of Phantom 4 Pro

Hi Meta4, thanks for the photo and the link to your photo sites. Additional question, have you had a change to shot or compare "side by side" p3p/p4/mavic compare with P4P. It seems like, imho, in broad daylight both P3P and P4P having the same detail (just that p4p having higher MP).
After flying the P4 pro, I haven't flown anything else.
The photo results are like chalk and cheese.
Now I can get detail in clouds where they used to be horrible blurry things with the P3.
As for having the same detail ....
The example I posted above is of less than 1% (it's 0.7%) of the original image.
The P3 won't give you that sort of detail and looks a lot worse if you photograph leafy trees or other busy subjects.

Does this help you?
That's a beautiful shot. Can you tell us what the ISO, shutter speed and aperture were when you shot that? I'm particularly interested in the f stop used as it corresponds to the sharpness of that lens.

Thanks,

Ed

Im personally disappointed with P4P camera...
Dont want to be stoned to death by anybody here :D
Its just my opinion ;)

Im personally disappointed with P4P camera...
Dont want to be stoned to death by anybody here :D
Its just my opinion ;)
Depends on your expectations. If you are expecting a flying full-frame SLR (with a lens that weighs as much -- and costs as much -- as an an entire P4P) then yes, you will be disappointed. The P4P is head-and-shoulders above anything in its price class but if you want/need better you always have the option of going with an Inspire 2 with and Zenmuse X5S for about five grand.

Depends on your expectations. If you are expecting a flying full-frame SLR (with a lens that weighs as much -- and costs as much -- as an an entire P4P) then yes, you will be disappointed. The P4P is head-and-shoulders above anything in its price class but if you want/need better you always have the option of going with an Inspire 2 with and Zenmuse X5S for about five grand.
None of that you've stated above and why idea I would expect FF SLR quality from it ?

Well you haven't actually stated why you're disappointed with it, so what else is he supposed to assume?
Yeah, I didn not but why assume straight away that Im expecting exceptional SLR quality from a camera thats the same size as 2 matchboxes ( roughly ) :)
The one thing that Im disappointed is that original image from the sensor is cropped and then stretched to 20Mpix again ( or whatever DJI implemented as a process in that camera ).
They actually added a few extra steps to my post-process as my DNG files had barrel distortion and dark corners that I have to deal with afterwards.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor