P4 Pending Update

Just received my Phantom 4, haven't even tried to get it off the ground yet, hoping for this weekend. Anyway I have a question about the DJI Go app, does anyone out there know which program is best for this drone ? They don't seem to have a specific program for the P4, seems like they talk about P3, P4P, and Mavik, but nothing specific to the P4.

My P4 has been flying fine is there a need to do the updates?
No, you don't ... unless they make it required to fly or use app. I always updated as soon as the update is available. This has been debated for a long time. I look at like any other electronic device like TV, watch, phone, car etc.. Why not keep it up to date with latest firmware.

There have been many GO4 and P4 firmware beta testers confirming that these features are present in their versions of the app.
Seriously. If the firmware is in that bad a shape - maybe we should all stop pining for the extra features. Might be the worst thing to ever happen to our drones. I've been at the front of the line, waiting for this thing - but I'm starting to think I may be better off without them!
If this update is taking this long, DJI has surely spent a lot of time making sure that the features are stable. As stated before, the features are there.
Now with the P4A and the Spark being leaked, it's most likely that they will release alongside with 4.07 sometime soon. I doubt they'd leave their most popular drone in the dark.

Just received my Phantom 4, haven't even tried to get it off the ground yet, hoping for this weekend. Anyway I have a question about the DJI Go app, does anyone out there know which program is best for this drone ? They don't seem to have a specific program for the P4, seems like they talk about P3, P4P, and Mavik, but nothing specific to the P4.
The Phantom 4 (P4) in now running on the DJI Go4 app exclusively. It is off the plain DJI Go app now.

AD

wonder if it will be released as a pre-requisite for DJI Goggles - which supposedly ship in a couple of weeks...

It is very possible the "updated" capabilities were actually in the form of the Phantom 4 Advanced release. I'm not sure about this, but DJI is in the drone-sellin' bidness, so it is possible that is what has happened.

Reactions: jsposito

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94