P4 / P4P case advise & storage

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a backpack similar to the one in the link below for your P4 or P4P?

Just wondered if it fits ok as looks like the gimbal cover wouldn't fit in without modifying it.

Also do you guys recommend storing the drone in backpacks like this when your not using it or is it worth investing in a more solid case for when not travelling?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E3OKP3K/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_YDuFyb316QA13

I have both Manfrotto (which I love) and a (non DJI) hardback case - both work well, and yes I store in there (inverted as you ask) with no problems and some confidence the phantom and related goods are protected.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I use a Lowepro Droneguard 450 . It fits my P4P, 3 batteries, controller, charger, harness, windsurfer, props, a DSLR and 2 lenses (could use some extra padding for these), an iPad Mini and I think I could even fit a 13 inch laptop on top of it all if it's not too thick.

All this in a kind of hard case back pack. No real hard case but quite sturdy. Very comfortable to wear.

Thanks for the messages some nice cases there - some just out of my budget unfortunately. Looking at either the B&W or MC Hard Case as seems very sturdy and good for storing with props on. Anyone got one of these?

I read a review that put me off slightly as someone said you cant leave props on as it pushes down on them with could result in damage.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profession...01CD403RA/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

B&W Hard Shell Carry Case for DJI Phantom 4 / Phantom 4 Pro "Props On"

Thanks for the tip do you see the Benefit of the hard case over the case it comes with?

I'm trying to find a backpack case to hike with

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I purchased the DJI ph4 backpack and hated it, didn't trust it at all as the motors poked into your back. Ended up getting this one, I love it, it doesn't look like I've got a drone and keeps everything in the original box.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...4+backpack&dpPl=1&dpID=51j5COq3b7L&ref=plSrch

Got this case in today for my P4. Love it! Carries everything in one case. Had the hardshell backpack case for my P3 & had to use another bag for accessories, like the screen shades, filters, etc...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just got the Polarpro Drone Trekker v2 for my P4P. It fits everything even a laptop. I have been told it will fit in the seat in front of you on the plane and overhead bin of a small commuter like an ERJ. Will test it out next time i am on a plane.

Just got the Polarpro Drone Trekker v2 for my P4P. It fits everything even a laptop. I have been told it will fit in the seat in front of you on the plane and overhead bin of a small commuter like an ERJ. Will test it out next time i am on a plane.

I have taken two trekkers all over the world. Cant beat them. My main one took 5 week trekking through the mongolian taiga. Heres a shot of it from tuesday. Still looks good and zippers are holding up fine after 7 months of heavy use.

Reactions: azgeek
Thanks for the tip do you see the Benefit of the hard case over the case it comes with?

I'm trying to find a backpack case to hike with

I prefer the hard case just feels a lot more solid and would be fine if something heavy was dropped on it. However the case it comes in is pretty good actually just wanted something more professional as will be doing commercial work.

I have taken two trekkers all over the world. Cant beat them. My main one took 5 week trekking through the mongolian taiga. Heres a shot of it from tuesday. Still looks good and zippers are holding up fine after 7 months of heavy use.
That's a cool pic.

Does not fit the p4p had to return mine just ordered a different one.

Well, I have the D1 and my P4P is resting comfortably in it as we speak! I purchased some silicon motor covers to protect the propeller attachment points, but everything I want to carry fits perfectly (including a 35mm camera and additional lens).

Big ups for the Trekker backpack..Purchased mine for Christmas, holds a lot (P4P, 2x MacBooks, 3 P4P batteries, iPad mini and all necessary drone accessories. Can't beat it. Taking it on its first Overseas adventure next week.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl