P4 Oscillations In Flight - Cannot Find Cause

Mavic with the new v01.04.0000 and newest DJI GO 4 works fine . . P4P+ Just came back from DJI California with current FW but no controller. Soon as controller arrives next week we'll see what's working and whats' changed . . can only HOPE

So I've been out with the P4 today, after some bench time with it this week. I've had a bit of a pause due to work and social commitments.

Following some advice from a YouTube response I re-flashed v02.00.0106 using DJI Assistant 2, just to be on the safe side.

I then performed a VPS Calibration in DJI Assistant which went okay. I wasn't 100% happy that I'd done it right so I repeated the process. A hover test in the Kitchen showed it working exactly as expected. So I was reasonably happy that had worked and not set up anything weird in the AC. Next up is the field test.

The weather here in the UK South East has been a bit pants of late. But we got to the field nice and early. The first part of the first flight seemed encouraging. Forward motion was slow in GPS (P) mode, unusually so. But it was very stable indeed. After a few tens of meters the AC speeded up and the forward wobble returned. Bah!

I spent one full battery on it trying various things out to no avail.

One oddity occurred when performing a RTH test. The AC returned to overhead but did not rotate to take off orientation nor did it land. I had to land it normally. Then after taking off again and repeating the RTH from a similar distance the routine performed flawlessly.

Other than that, the P4 behaved impeccably, just that very annoying wobble when flying forward or descending. The Gimbal takes care of the effect of course, but it cannot be good for it to have to work so hard when we all know how well and stable these ACs can fly.

Oh well. The quest for a soltuion continues.

Reactions: sar104
What is the latest on P4 firmware now?
Haven't flown since 6 months or more and don't know whether DJI ever released a stable version without the oscillations?

What is the latest on P4 firmware now?
Haven't flown since 6 months or more and don't know whether DJI ever released a stable version without the oscillations?

.700 firmware released a short while ago (previously in Beta) has resolved the oscillations and 4K Gimbal problem.

I have this firmware running in my P4, previously being plagued with the previous release in July 2017.

Give it a go oi yours.

Reactions: Mavericksan
.700 firmware released a short while ago (previously in Beta) has resolved the oscillations and 4K Gimbal problem.

I have this firmware running in my P4, previously being plagued with the previous release in July 2017.

Give it a go oi yours.
I upgraded today - hope I have a chance to fly this weekend.

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor