P4 on Motorcycle Rev1

Reaction score
2nd try mounting drone on back of bike, this time firm padding and backpack under drone attached to 10lb bar for counterweight, has improved much, and have ideas to improve. Replaced front brake rotors, but now get slight shutter when I accelerate out of the curve (curse of the v4). Left blue Yamaha in with first try setup, has noticeable shutter. These additional clips and others are in this video, replacing like content (one more trip to go). Welcome any ideas, comments. Lighting was a ***** that last day. Absolutely a beautiful area.

Really cool video man, its beautiful down there for sure. As you can tell by my name I like bikes as well.

Thanks, I like the way the camera try's to stay level in curves, hoping to get wicked lean angles, but just when I thought I was going fast like the rest of them a tractor passed me. Need a faster film crew. The camera also yaws back to the curve catching following bikes in the curve instead of straight out the back. I almost got it, and without carrying extra gear(empty water bottles for the counterweight next time) Next try soon

Last edited:
I dunno of you tried but I just downloaded litchi last night. It'll focus in on objects. I think it help you with what your wanting to do. It'll keep the object in frame as long as it's in the gimbles range of motion

This is this is a very unique Tail of the Dragon video, unlike the many GoPro videos, it highlights some of the incredible sights along these roads. The bike mount shots are pretty good, hope next try at setup gets better. Do you have pic of last setup? Wonder how an air or water filled mount would work?

Sorry forgot about second post, probably should have only posted here. Again no pics but it was crude on the spot stuff so a little effort should figure out how to get those fast apex corners without shutter. Due to vol glitch revised version is uploading, due to be available after 7:00 pm eastern

Well our attempt did not go so well, tried on a couple of bikes, one a GoldWing thought would be the trick, but have this shaking in the video when bike is moving. Video catches the drones legs on hard lean over turns. Tried on hood of old Cadilac and got very smooth video just using folded up blanket and duct tape, but this is no performance car and there's no curvy roads for quite a ways. Could you explain what you used for a "counterweight" and how it was attached? With all the nice motorcycle scenes, the boat shot is my favorite, not sure about the music choice.

One of the coolest videos I have ever seen. The footage is incredibly put together, editing on point, beautiful scenery, and the motorcycles on the roads look awesome.

Are you also the one flying the drone for the aerial video? Very smooth flying, impressive.

Thanks, I never could get smooth yaw until I installed a pot on controller switched into the yaw stick. I filmed the Dams on a 2 day trip, and had so many ideas for the next trip but rain kept bikes away, and same on the next week long trip. There were several spots I picked, hovering waiting on a bike to pass and nothing(until I landed to change batts). I just wish I had better light the last day filming the Honda 600RR with bike mount, sun was a killer. Be back few weeks.

This is very good! It would be cool to se some chase cam too, and even from the side , but that would be dangerous. You wouldn't want to get a ticket for $157!

I found the gas tank is the smoothest riding part of the bike, will try removing windshield and mounting P4 high enough for little of the bike to be showing. Problem is I thought I was getting pretty fast on the Dragon until a tractor passed me, so who am I gonna chase? Will try next trip, thanks for the tip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart