P4 New owner looking for help on where to fly in hudson Valley in nY state

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just got a Phantom 4 Pro this week. New to the hobby and looking to get into it commercially. I know that I need a FAA certificate for that and all, but my question is does anyone know "drone safe" and "drone allowed" areas in the hudson Valley in nY state to fly?

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

If you haven't done it yet, check out airmap AirMap.io. They have both the web based and app version (both IOS and Android). Does a pretty good job of letting you know about airspace restrictions, etc. you'll still have to do some local checking for things like restrictions in parks and such. And you can check for any Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) here Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's

Reactions: BigAl07
Hey everyone! Just got a Phantom 4 Pro this week. New to the hobby and looking to get into it commercially. I know that I need a FAA certificate for that and all, but my question is does anyone know "drone safe" and "drone allowed" areas in the hudson Valley in nY state to fly?
I like flying down by the Hudson when I come up that way. The Bridges always make for great footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl