P4 landing

Reaction score
Hey everybody, This is my fist post and obviously a newbie. Flying my P4 today and I have low battery set at 30% and critically set at 10%. I landed at 25%, decided to fly a little more and just check to see how it preformed at a lower battery. Anyways, when the battery hit 16% it landed. It was close by and low altitude, no damage no problem. Been trying to figure it out and then decide to try a post. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you start flying with battery charged at only 25%, there are all chances that P4 will not be able to compute the correct charge and thus land at different values. You are lucky that it landed, may be because of better battery management Firmware.

Please note: Never start flying with partial charged batteries. It is advisable to take off with fully charged batteries for AC to correctly compute remaining charge during its flight from point to point.

Hey everybody, This is my fist post and obviously a newbie. Flying my P4 today and I have low battery set at 30% and critically set at 10%. I landed at 25%, decided to fly a little more and just check to see how it preformed at a lower battery. Anyways, when the battery hit 16% it landed. It was close by and low altitude, no damage no problem. Been trying to figure it out and then decide to try a post. Thanks in advance for any help.
HI Yeh I using same battery settings,,not sure why at 16..pays not to run to flat in one flight ..the battery temperature gets pretty warm...you can check your flight data ,,it will give ideal of why...

As alokbhargava said, you're asking for trouble flying with a battery that low in charge unless you trying it in a controlled area. My experience is that the levels are not an exact representation and I never fly at anything below 20% intentionally.

Appricate the comments. I have learned a ton on this forum. Good to know old dogs can learn.

So if I were flying, starting out with a full battery. On my way back home. Battery hit 16%, could I experience the same thing with the bird landing?

It should not but I would not say it could not, this has never happened to me (yet). When the bird goes into auto land you should have a message in GO that will give you the option to cancel the landing.
I try to do as tevek and land around 20% all the time, this usually gives me about 20 minutes of air time.

You should wind up with two messages about returning with a low battery.

You can cancel the first one on the screen. My P4 gives me that message at 19%.

At 12% it gives a similar message about low battery and returning to home now. You can cancel that one but by now you should be in pretty close and ready to land anyway.

At 9% the P4 will start its landing sequence RIGHT NOW and at a brisk pace. You can override this with the throttle and fly it to a suitable landing space (or capture) but you're running out of time quickly.

I have my settings at 22% warning and 10%.

I normally land (actually hand capture) between 9% and 12%. Obviously at 9% the P4 has started its landing sequence and I just override it so as to hover and capture.

The batteries are cooled completely before recharging. 4 of my 5 batteries currently have 90+ cycles on them and I get 24 minutes from each one. The 5th battery is a replacement for a DOA battery from DJI and only has 40 cycles on it now.

AD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72