P4 Hands On Impressions (Photos & Video) Post here!

Yep, it must be the latest firmware because there's no firmware available from DJI's website. Yes, coming from Q500 it's huge leap in performance and software. I have a Q500+ myself, it's a slug in comparison to P3, and much more the P4 I'm sure.
The firmware updates through the app now. I'm not sure if it is just through the app. I can't find it on their website either. Mine updated through the app the second time I turned it on.
P4 firmware update

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Need to get a few cycles on the batteries before they reach their full potential.

Yes I'll do,what I always do for new batteries.

100 to 50, 9 times, then 100 to 2 the 10th time, 1st battery break-in and calibration done.

Then fly to no less than 20% during normal use unless I'm going for distance. At 20 battery cycles back to 2 and then charge to 100, rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Yes proper break in is important to the life and performance of the batteries. For the first 10 flights don't go past 50% and about every 25 flights run your battery down to 8%. However don't do this under full load . For the last 20% run the battery down with the Phantom on the ground and props off and just have the Phantom on idle.

Phantom 4 skins on DJI site
upload_2016-3-14_23-19-8.png

Looks like DJI is looking for a piece of the accessory pie.

But, wishful thinking!!!
DJI owns your image!
You can't even buy it from them yet!!!
on the bright side, you get to play with a 3D model of your skin!
upload_2016-3-14_23-23-0.png

Login | DJI Store

The firmware updates through the app now. I'm not sure if it is just through the app. I can't find it on their website either. Mine updated through the app the second time I turned it on.
P4 firmware update

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's good news that it's through the app, I think, at least it makes things easier for the noob. However it doesn't allow you to keep a copy of the firmware for safety purposes in case you'd like to go back to the previous rev. It appears DJI is fed up with people back-revving their drones. I have a feeling that 1.5 in P3 cost them a pretty penny because people ran it, and continue to run it to this day, refusing 1.6 for whatever reasons. 1.5 has crashed a lot of drones. That firmware is literally the kiss of death. So now you won't have a choice but to upgrade when new f/w is released, I would assume. I'm not sure I like that. I know RedHotPoker will.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
To Infinity & Beyond! :cool:

It goes until it loses RC contact or battery fail-safe & returns. As far as altitude it will continue climbing until it reaches your maximum altitude setting or 1640' (500m).

So if I'm using tapfly it will avoid obstacles and continue or stop and I take over manual control? How about return to home is obstacle avoidance on? I heard it would at least fly up over object.

In P-mode it will fly on until losing RC contact or reaching battery fail-safewhile avoiding obstacles. OA will be in effect during RTH as well. This assumes you have OA turned on & in P-mode.

So if I'm using tapfly it will avoid obstacles and continue or stop and I take over manual control? How about return to home is obstacle avoidance on? I heard it would at least fly up over object.

Great to finally see these P4's in the air. Also happy to hear some positive feedback.

I couldn't imagine the 'pain' of having a new UAV and no software to fly... REALLY glad that torture has passed.

Enjoy the new Phantom folks! I'll be looking for more pics/vids!

Reactions: Drone Master
Here are my unboxing and initial impressions of the Phantom 4. Hope to be flying it tomorrow and the rest of the week!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl