P4 Hands On Impressions (Photos & Video) Post here!

Reaction score
I'm really excited to hear hands on impressions, especially regarding obstacle avoidance. I figured I'd start this thread and maybe the people who own them can post their impressions here!

I'm really excited to hear hands on impressions, especially regarding obstacle avoidance. I figured I'd start this thread and maybe the people who own them can post their impressions here!
So far so good. Used tap fly and flew toward my neighbors roof and it climbed to get over it. Then flew it toward my garden shed where it abruptly stopped about three feet short and gave a spoken audio warning via my iPhone.

Reactions: Jbundy63
I just got mine in the air for real (not on strings :) No issues whatsoever. It flies very big, and extremely stable. I went from a phantom 1 and q500 so I never flew a P3. The GPS mode flies sluggish but it is really stable and smooth but that all changes in sport mode. It zips, moves as fast as you would expect, props get in the frame though. Overall extremely impressed, the software (coming from a q500) is amazing. Fast responsive. I am in the office but will upload some test video I took. Came with the latest firmware installed.

I just got mine in the air for real (not on strings :) No issues whatsoever. It flies very big, and extremely stable. I went from a phantom 1 and q500 so I never flew a P3. The GPS mode flies sluggish but it is really stable and smooth but that all changes in sport mode. It zips, moves as fast as you would expect, props get in the frame though. Overall extremely impressed, the software (coming from a q500) is amazing. Fast responsive. I am in the office but will upload some test video I took. Came with the latest firmware installed.

Were you able to try avoiding obstacles? Sounds like you're really enjoying it!

Were you able to try avoiding obstacles? Sounds like you're really enjoying it!
Yup. It seemed to slow down when it got close to something then beeped and completely stopped when it got very close. I need to read up on the thresholds but my first experience seemed like it worked as advertised.

So far so good. Used tap fly and flew toward my neighbors roof and it climbed to get over it. Then flew it toward my garden shed where it abruptly stopped about three feet short and gave a spoken audio warning via my iPhone.
So you tested out obstacle avoidance on your neighbors roof before your own shed? hahaha

I'm curious to know how it reacts to large tree branches. I would love for someone to ride their bike down a tree lined street and report back if it misses large branches.

I'm curious to know how it reacts to large tree branches. I would love for someone to ride their bike down a tree lined street and report back if it misses large branches.
hahaha, any takers??

To Infinity & Beyond! :cool:

It goes until it loses RC contact or battery fail-safe & returns. As far as altitude it will continue climbing until it reaches your maximum altitude setting or 1640' (500m).

Is it true that with tap to fly if you tap high up on the horizon or sky it will just take off into the distance? How far does it go?

Last edited:
All the early reports I'm here about flight time is disappointing 18-20 mins actual flight time. So its no where near the advertised 28 mins. Has anyone had any flight times over 25 mins.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20