P4 Gimbal Level Issue - Who Else Has This?

Reaction score
I'm fully aware of the issue and all known remedies as it relates to the Phantom 3. I have a P3A that is rock solid and has never had the issue or any issues while I used to own a P3P that had the issue and all known remedies did not work and DJi tried to fix it twice without success.

With that said my P4 is exhibiting the same issue even worse than my old P3P had. I will go through the usual regiment of fixes but it seems as though DJi has still been unable to solve this problem.

Simple fix: you take a chisel and simply chip upwards with mild to moderate force 2 or three times. Boom! Fixed :) That's the secret.
You're welcome!

I'm fully aware of the issue and all known remedies as it relates to the Phantom 3. I have a P3A that is rock solid and has never had the issue or any issues while I used to own a P3P that had the issue and all known remedies did not work and DJi tried to fix it twice without success.

With that said my P4 is exhibiting the same issue even worse than my old P3P had. I will go through the usual regiment of fixes but it seems as though DJi has still been unable to solve this problem.

So you never had to do anything to your P3A? The horizon is always level?
I have a P3P that has the issue.. I fixed it a little, its much better then it was but its not 100% level. :(

Reactions: m0j0
You can level it out in flight by pressing and holding the right rear C2 button, while simultaneously rotating the exposure dial, until it's level.

Reactions: Dome
Re-do your gimbal calibration. I used a piece of wood and guess it was not level as I thought it was, first flight video was horrible once I got it out to flight.

Ended up doing it again on a level piece of floor in the house.... and after second calibration looks great. I did go all around it with a level to make sure it was level.

Re-do your gimbal calibration. I used a piece of wood and guess it was not level as I thought it was, first flight video was horrible once I got it out to flight.

Ended up doing it again on a level piece of floor in the house.... and after second calibration looks great. I did go all around it with a level to make sure it was level.

I built a leveling board to use to do all my firmware upgrades on and all calibrations. I've used the same board for the P3A, P3P and now the P4.

As noted I will try everything documented and what I tried on the P3P unsuccessfully. We'll see what happens. I just know with the P3P nothing worked and DJi could not repair the issue. But who knows maybe those two bench tech's didn't know how to fix it?

I was reading that if you do a imu calibration when the p4 is cold and sometimes very cold, it helps the gimble because its linked to the imu's.
I shot som vid yesterday and noticed on a couple shots the horizon was a bit cocked. After a second or 2 it leveled out.

I was reading that if you do a imu calibration when the p4 is cold and sometimes very cold, it helps the gimble because its linked to the imu's.
I shot som vid yesterday and noticed on a couple shots the horizon was a bit cocked. After a second or 2 it leveled out.

Cold calibration just helps reduce the IMU warm up times. Not related to gimbal level.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Does that require C2 to be programmed to "Advanced camera settings"?
No, this press and hold C2 functionality for horizon leveling at any time, is independent, and in addition, to any custom setting you have set for the C2 button, which will still work normally, with a single press and release.

No, this press and hold C2 functionality for horizon leveling at any time, is independent, and in addition, to any custom setting you have set for the C2 button, which will still work normally, with a single press and release.

Thanks. I was completely unaware of that function, and I did not find any mention of it in the manual. Very useful.

I see a lot of p4 video and stills that have this issue. Imo this is more serious than range and battery life. Make a new model with a different gimbal with the same issue of tilted horizon like many of the p3s.

I see a lot of p4 video and stills that have this issue. Imo this is more serious than range and battery life. Make a new model with a different gimbal with the same issue of tilted horizon like many of the p3s.
It's easily fixed on the fly, as cited above.

Is everyone having this issue?....my p4 is fine.... No gimbal issues at all

Is everyone having this issue?....my p4 is fine.... No gimbal issues at all

I am. It's not getting better after 3 IMU's and Gimbal perfectly level calibrations. Range is killin me too. It's getting sold and I'll buy another P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl