P4 Flips Backward On Takeoff

I had my Phantom 3 Standard Flip one time on takeoff. Come to find out that when I did the CSC to start the motors the right stick was jammed by a piece of debris and did not move ALL the way back to center. When I used the left stick to lift off it flipped. After doing a CSC I now check to make sure both sticks are centered before attempting to liftoff. It was a very very small piece of sand/grit wedged in the control stick that caused that.

The times of greatest risk for most flights, drone and otherwise, are the takeoff and the landing. The ground effect and lots of other factors come into play. If you can learn to take off and land successfully, without issues, the rest is easy! Just don't run into anything! :cool:

Your problem does seem to be pretty random. I use the auto take off at all times from the ground, not the hand, and haven't had any problems,...yet. But only been flying since beginning of year. Always take off in clear area, eg no trees too near, not big metal objects near by. This, I think is a good idea for when RTH is initiated. Means it won't hit anything on the way home. But I still cancel the RTH function when it gets back into signal range. Hopefully it was a once of issue and Dosent happen again. Good luck.............

Yeah very random, I've also just discovered the hangar app thanks to someone one here, it looks great but it uses auto take off so I'm nervous to try it now.

Yeah very random, I've also just discovered the hangar app thanks to someone one here, it looks great but it uses auto take off so I'm nervous to try it now.
I use manual take off, but use a small, foldable wooden table at waist height for a handy, level, flat surface, that can keep the aircraft up out of debris and dust that the props otherwise kick up! It's also easier to turn the battery on and off, if you don't have to crawl around on the ground!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT