P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

okay all, just reporting back my P4 downgrade results as requested. Thanks to many of you pioneers for trying it and suggesting it.

The basic run down was:
While at v02.00.0106>Assistant>Reset to Defaults>Reboot>
DUMLDore Flash v01.02.0503>Assistant (watch progress)>Reset to Defaults>Reboot>
DUMLDore Flash v01.02.0602>Assistant (watch progress)>Reset to Defaults>Reboot>
DJI Go required calibrate compass>Fly.

Since I had already done this straight to 602 and had similar but different results, i don't absolutely know that going to 503 first was necessary. Maybe just maybe, its the reset-to-defaults plus a little fly time for it to gather data that is the trick.

It's personality is 95% of what it used to be.
It used to be very rock-steady and braking was immediate. Now I describe it as "cushy". It floats around just slightly and doesn't brake as hard, but it feels safe to fly. It also wants to approach the ground when hovering less than approx 2-3 ft. For safety I will just have to realize to give a few extra feet of space when i fly.

Failware twitching video: youtu.be/lz5-ark3G1A
Post downgrade hover behavior video: youtu.be/heO0O6ZpiPg

good luck!

EDIT: A better effort is simply DUMLDore to v01.02.0602, reset to defaults, reboot, repeat same firmware a second time. (Ignore the above steps as this double-flash method gave me best/expected/historical behavior.)

Last edited:
@nd34567890

Hi.
Which version of app (ios or android) and rc is running ?
greetz

Latest updated Android Go 4 (4.1.9) ; Did not change the controller (i don't know how), so what ever the v2 failware made it.

I will edit my prior post to include hover videos.

EDIT: I found a file RC_FW_V1.9.2.bin on my phone, so my RC should be v1.9.2 if i presume correctly. EDIT: verified 1.9.2; but upgraded to 1.9.3 and have not flown with it yet.

Last edited:
Just tried beta 300, with latest assistant. Gives me option to downgrade back to 602. Beta 300 is a lot better than the failware, it does decend a lot more stable but you can still hear the motors fighting and it still has a wobble. Camera seems to be fixed.

Hello, I used DUMLdor to roll back my P4 drone.
My drone is currently V01.02.0503.
My "app version" is 4.1.9
My remote controller is 1.9.2

The camera is now operating well, it is not blacking out and lagging, however, the sensors do not work. I have gone into the GO4 app and turned on the sensors but they do n ot work. there is nothing on the pad showing forward distance or downward distance. The drone also yoyos up and down when in a hover. any suggestions?

I started this down this road after I upgraded last week to the most recent version and ended up loosing my P4 less than 600 feet from me, lagging video, and lost signal. I was getting the IMU message and the CPU message. none of that happened before the last upgrade. I am running out of ideas and I just want to fly my drone. Thanks for any help.

The camera is now operating well, it is not blacking out and lagging, however, the sensors do not work. I have gone into the GO4 app and turned on the sensors but they do n ot work. there is nothing on the pad showing forward distance or downward distance. The drone also yoyos up and down when in a hover. any suggestions?

I started this down this road after I upgraded last week to the most recent version and ended up loosing my P4 less than 600 feet from me, lagging video, and lost signal. I was getting the IMU message and the CPU message. none of that happened before the last upgrade. I am running out of ideas and I just want to fly my drone. Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE
You just need to load the firmware twice, if you only instal it once fps won't work and you won't be able to calibrate them in DJI assistant.
Had the same issues until I refreshed the existing instal.

Cheers

Hi guys just a little update for me please.

Is this bad firmware still going on?? I haven't been on the forum for weeks and haven't flown for weeks ( just had a baby) but I'm guessing dji still haven't fixed the bad update?

Daz

Nothing yet, still waiting:-(
I did a downgrade on my p4 firmware, it's flying just like it was before the new firmware. It was a bit fiddly to do but worth it.

Reactions: Dazzauk

I started this down this road after I upgraded last week to the most recent version and ended up loosing my P4 less than 600 feet from me, lagging video, and lost signal. I was getting the IMU message and the CPU message. none of that happened before the last upgrade. I am running out of ideas and I just want to fly my drone. Thanks for any help.
Hello all, after flying my drone at version .0503 it would still fly unstable, yoyoing up and down. i installed version .0602 and the flight is morw stable. now i have new error messages see screen shot
. Anone have a suggestion? is there a factory reset that i can just hit a button and go back to the out of box settings? it flew great then.

Sorry here is a pictute of my errors
20170918_125842.jpg

DJI support finally told me the same old bulldunk after telling them i re-calibrated everything possible:
"Thank you for your response about this concern. In this case, please try to do a compass calibration, If this still does not fix your concern, my only advise to you as of now is to send it to our repair facility so the could diagnose and repair your drone for you. We currently don't have any date for when the new firmware will be released and also, we don't do a beta test for the community for testing new firmware as it might put our customer's drone in danger like crashing and such. Please request for an online repair and provide the information needed for faster process of creating a case for your drone."

Never will i send them my drone as it is obvious they are full of bull. (I've read too many posts about customer receiving refurbished machines with new problems in return rather than their original cared-for machine.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Echopiece
Does anyone know / want-to-risk what this does? Especially the "reset all" :

I've already done the "Factory reset" which seems to be the exact same as one on the firmware page.
(FWIW I'm still downgraded to v01.02.0602 with acceptable, but not perfect behavior.)

It would be nice if DJI spent more time on Resolving the problems, coming up with new and better firmware, and stop trying to police us with NFZ software and downloading our data to servers problably in China!

Just reporting some info that might validate others.

...Well i really really tried to get v02.00.0106 working, but it was a repeat fail, just not as bad. I used Assistant 2 v1.1.6 to update to v2 and refreshed it also (double flash, with reset to defaults each time). This included another VPS re-calibration, by the way. This time it did not twitch while hovering, but it still bucked while flying, so i DUMLdore'd it directly to v01.02.0602 bypassing v01.02.0503, reset to defaults then DUMLdored it a second time to the same v01.02.0602. (I did it this way because someone reported on DJI forums, that double flashing worked better for sensors). My drone seems rock-solid again. No cushy braking, no swaying around. However, I've only flown it for one session, so I hope next flight this weekend will validate the rock-steady behavior.

p.s. i did this with the SD card removed. Some reports say it's necessary. i have my doubts, but did it anyway.

EDIT: flew tonight, was flawless, except dji go 4's "poor" channel, which in fact still works fine.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart