p4 controller

Reaction score
does anyone know if the controller on the p4 if the internal battery discharges its self after 10 days like the flight batteries do or do you have to drain it by leaving it on still connected to the drone cheers

I asked something similar a while back, basically was told not to worry about the battery in the controller. Also DJI does not say anything about it in the manual. Good luck.
captain kush

does anyone know if the controller on the p4 if the internal battery discharges its self after 10 days like the flight batteries do or do you have to drain it by leaving it on still connected to the drone cheers
No, it does not auto discharge itself. There is no need to attempt to drain it.

The battery in the p4 controller is a lipo battery. If left fully charged will it not swell and damage it ? I have read that these type of batteries do not like to be left in storage with a high amount of energy stored in them

I've never heard of a Phantom RC battery swelling and/or becoming damaged due to keeping it charged while in storage.

if the battery in the controller can be left with a full charge in it, why does the flight batteries need to be part discharged for storage and why do they self discharge after a maximum storage of 10 days preset in the dji go app? Just want to get my head around it all as these batteries are not cheap to replace thanks

why does the flight batteries need to be part discharged for storage and why do they self discharge after a maximum storage of 10 days preset in the dji go app?
They will swell and become damaged if left fully charged for long periods of time. It's a known issue with DJI aircraft batteries.

I don't know why the RC batteries do not auto discharge and/or do not need to be manually discharged.

I have a P3P that I seldom fly. I store it at half charge and check it once a month if I don't fly it. I believe it's bad to store them fully charged. I think it's pretty well documented for best practices of dumb LiPo batteries. I have electric bike LiPo batteries, same procedure.

By the way, the new electric mountain bikes on the market make finding nice drone flight spots an easy chore. Pedaling up hills and trails effortlessly, flying the drone around from up above the city is a great time. Even with my Think Tank backpack on my back, it's lots of fun going where nobody else goes (in general). Sorry for the hijack.

The lipo used in the remote has a much lower discharge rate (C rating), probably this type of lipo is less sensitive to the non optimal lipo charges (<40% and >60%).

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72