P4 battery not charging

Reaction score
#PH4-5350mAh-15.2V

I tried to charge my spare battery today and it won’t seem to charge. When I plug the battery in, it senses the charger and all four lights come on as normal (all green). Then the first battery light starts to blink quickly before shutting off. When I try to power on the battery while plugged into the charger, all four lights light up but then quickly shut off.

While unplugged, when I press the power button once the LED lights up green and the first battery light blinks green for about three seconds. When I try to power on the battery, all four lights come on as usual but then the first light goes back to blinking alone again. A second later, all four lights turn solid then shut off completely.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? Crossing my fingers I don’t have to send this guy in… My charger is working just fine – successfully charges my other battery and the RC.

Last edited:
Plug it back on the charger and turn the battery on. Let it sit for 10-15min or so like that and see if it starts to charge. And just a question, did you top off the battery before letting it sit for more than a month? You really have to keep an eye on these batteries and do not allow them to discharge too far. It will damage them if you do not maintain them.

Plug it back on the charger and turn the battery on. Let it sit for 10-15min or so like that and see if it starts to charge. And just a question, did you top off the battery before letting it sit for more than a month? You really have to keep an eye on these batteries and do not allow them to discharge too far. It will damage them if you do not maintain them.

Yes of course, I always leave LiPo's at close to a full charge and top them off every couple of weeks (although reading my post I can see how I basically said the exact opposite lol, very poor wording). I'll try your suggestion with the charger - the problem is that when I power on the battery (whether it's plugged in or not) it won't stay on. The first light just blinks and clicks off, and the lights stay off while charging. I'll try leaving it plugged in for a more extended amt of time

Yes of course, I always leave LiPo's at close to a full charge and top them off every couple of weeks
This is not good practice either. Lipo's do not like to remain at full charge, nor do they like to be over discharged. Keep them at ~25% to ~62% roughly and they will be fine.

Hold in the power button for 5 or 6 seconds. See how mant bars light up solid. It will display the "health" of the battery. From none lighting up meaning totally shot to all lighting up means it in great condition. Learned that from a vid someone posted here once

If your battery "works" the same like mine on video below it`s time to send it back to DJI. First battery plugged into charger on video is good one, then i plug the faulty one. I`ve made this short video for DJI and now i`m waiting for replacement;) So don`t waste your time and contact with DJI Support - they will help and guide you during case process.

Dropbox - myP4battery issuevideo.mp4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z