P3S P.O.I. Help Needed

Reaction score
This question has probably been asked many times here by now.

Tried to get my P3S to do the "POI" thing today and no such luck. I had never tried to do so before. I've got probably 30 flights with it, just flying and filming.

I went into "advanced settings" and enabled "multiple flight mode."

So when I got over the object I wanted to make the "point of interest," I flipped the upper right switch all the way down, and the "multiple flight mode" screen never came up.
I tried a few times with no luck. So I did four small flights and everything else worked great with no incident.

I watched some You Tube videos on how to do this, and it seems I have covered all the bases and still no luck.

Just was hoping someone could clue me in. Thanks.

This question has probably been asked many times here by now.

Tried to get my P3S to do the "POI" thing today and no such luck. I had never tried to do so before. I've got probably 30 flights with it, just flying and filming.

I went into "advanced settings" and enabled "multiple flight mode."

So when I got over the object I wanted to make the "point of interest," I flipped the upper right switch all the way down, and the "multiple flight mode" screen never came up.
I tried a few times with no luck. So I did four small flights and everything else worked great with no incident.

I watched some You Tube videos on how to do this, and it seems I have covered all the bases and still no luck.

Just was hoping someone could clue me in. Thanks.
I just tried this on my P3S and it worked better than expected. Could be software. Are you Android or IOS? Be sure all of your software and firmware are up to date. I know some people with the P4 are not happy with the latest and many are ignoring the updates. I apply all of them and no issues. Plus I don't need DJI rejecting a valid claim because I had ignored the updates

Reactions: Droning in AR
I flipped the upper right switch all the way down, and the "multiple flight mode" screen never came up.
That screen used to auto appear in older versions of DJI GO. It now needs to be accessed from here:

DJI-GO-IOC-Menu-P3.jpg

Thanks all for the replies! LarBear360, I'm using an Android tablet and I did see that I needed to do the latest update, so I did that and still no dice.

I'm going to head out now and try Mxh666 and MSinger's advice, and come back with an update.

Thanks guys!

Update....I went back out with my P3 and did what Mxh666 and MSinger advised, and this time the menu popped up to where I could see the different intelligent flight modes so I could finally choose POI.

And I got over my subject by about 20 meters, selected that as my POI, and that's as far as it would let me go with it. It almost looked like there was a conflict with the RTH altitude or something? Not sure.

Something went wonky with the DJI firmweare update, as now when I turn on my quad it starts beeping at me like it's doing an update with the lights flashing caution, then it stops after 30 seconds and the normal flight lights come back. Then all is well and I flew it for about 15 minutes and shut her down.
So I don't know what's up with that. I may have to re-install my DGI GO app, but I sure hope not as my internet speeds are so slow and if I had to do a brand-new install...sheesh.

On my P3S, when I pull the switch down to atti mode, the small icon under the return home comes on. when I click on this the milti task mode comes on, then when you click on the mode you want then a small apply icon comes on the bottom of the screen. then tap on this (apply) and your all set

Thanks guys. I'm going to take it up again tomorrow and see if I can get her to work.

I did see the "apply" thing on the bottom right, and I was able to set it for the POI but I couldn't get it to set the height properly to continue on to the distance measurement. Maybe it was just an issue with my tablet.

Thanks guys. I'm going to take it up again tomorrow and see if I can get her to work.

I did see the "apply" thing on the bottom right, and I was able to set it for the POI but I couldn't get it to set the height properly to continue on to the distance measurement. Maybe it was just an issue with my tablet.
When you get into the milti tack mode, try flying in the home lock. It's like flying a new bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT