P3S can't stay in one place in GPS mode, it's ridiculously unstable

I do exactly that and get
View attachment 98464

Maybe you could Dropbox it

I managed to download them yesterday from zippyshare, but I still haven't been able to figure out what is causing the wandering. It does seem unusually large. FLY129 is the flight.

still haven't been able to figure out what is causing the wandering. It does seem unusually large. FLY129 is the flight.
That is one of the reasons I referred....not being that familiar with the IMU data, but from what I was looking at, just didn't look right.

I managed to download them yesterday from zippyshare, but I still haven't been able to figure out what is causing the wandering. It does seem unusually large. FLY129 is the flight.
Seems the GPS is saying the AC is moving when it actually isn't? For the first 24 secs after motorStart there are several indications that the P3S sat on the ground. Yet, the GPS coords showed it moving. Here's the composite accel and composite gyro
upload_2018-5-5_16-35-34.png

and the motorCommanded
upload_2018-5-5_16-35-43.png

And here is the GPS coords. These are the raw GPS coords, i.e., they aren't the result of having been fused with the IMU data.
upload_2018-5-5_16-41-11.png

That's moving from here
upload_2018-5-5_16-42-33.png
to here
upload_2018-5-5_16-43-33.png

a distance of 2 meters.

What do you think?

@TheDoctor I took another look. There are 2 flights in FLY129.DAT. If you believe Google Earth and the coords while sitting idle between the 2 flights it appears the P3S is wondering around on the top of the house. During the 2nd flight although the gpsHealth == 4 the numSats is only 7. Also, the GPS HDOP is somewhat higher than what my P3A typically shows. Lemme suggest that you try another test flight where numSats > 12 and gpsHealth == 5 before launch. GpsHealth can be seen in the Go App display as a bar graph.
upload_2018-5-2_5-39-50-png.37046

@BudWalker Wow those are some really strange results. During those flights I didn't even fly over the house at all... I'll try to see if I can find a spot with 12 Satelites. Where exactly do I see gpsHealth in the app?

@BudWalker Wow those are some really strange results. During those flights I didn't even fly over the house at all... I'll try to see if I can find a spot with 12 Satelites. Where exactly do I see gpsHealth in the app?
At the top of the Go App in the middle.
upload_2018-5-6_10-55-26.png

The number is numSats. The bar graph is the gpsHealth. You want to see 5 full bars.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nwbailey