P3S can't stay in one place in GPS mode, it's ridiculously unstable

Reaction score
I don't know what caused it to happen, but lately the P3S won't keep itself in place. No matter what I have, if I have 6 or 12 satellites connected, it will go up and down and side to side like crazy. I've already tried IMU calibration. WHAT COULD IT BE?! Here's a video. The video is of me with my hands off the controller completely.

Edit: Here are the flight records. I think that Dat.129 is the one of the video, I can't be 100% sure though. It's one of these two links.
FLY129.DAT
FLY128.DAT

Last edited:
Have you checked that all your props are tight and not damaged? And tried refreshing the firmware?

Pull the .dat file from the aircraft from one of these short flights. You will need to upload that file to a sharable location such as DropBox or Google drive. Share a link back here to the data file. If you don't know how to get the data see the link below. Someone will take a look and see what is going on. ( Unless of coarse this is wind related )

How to retrieve a .DAT

Pull the .dat file from the aircraft from one of these short flights. You will need to upload that file to a sharable location such as DropBox or Google drive. Share a link back here to the data file. If you don't know how to get the data see the link below. Someone will take a look and see what is going on. ( Unless of coarse this is wind related )

How to retrieve a .DAT

Okay, I'll try that as soon as I get to my laptop. It's not wind.

Yes, get your .dat file as requested, one other thing you can do yourself, if your flying with DJI-Go (Stupid Name). You playback your flight and there is a option you can see your stick movements.
In other words was your remote sending out stick movements.

Anyways I bunch of would like to so why your Phantom appears to be F.U.U.Intoxicants.

Rod

Reactions: TheDoctor
You playback your flight and there is a option you can see your stick movements.
In other words was your remote sending out stick movements.
The OP stated that the controller was "Hands Off" during this video......Did you miss that? LOL :eek:

Reactions: TheDoctor
The OP stated that the controller was "Hands Off" during this video......Did you miss that? LOL :eek:
No, that was my point , the remote could have something wrong, maybe bad potentiometers are causing the issue.

If he plays back his flight with the app and sees remote control stick movements which he knows he didn't do. Then we have a different starting point to the problem.

Let me know if I'm still missing something. ;)

To the OP,
Please take the time to find and upload some .dat files from the Phantom. It can be really confusing to some, been there.
A lot of us would like to see it.

Rod

No, that was my point , the remote could have something wrong, maybe bad potentiometers are causing the issue.

If he plays back his flight with the app and sees remote control stick movements which he knows he didn't do. Then we have a different starting point to the problem.

Let me know if I'm still missing something. ;)

To the OP,
Please take the time to find and upload some .dat files from the Phantom. It can be really confusing to some, been there.
A lot of us would like to see it.

Rod
Yep Rod, I just updated it a minute before you posted.

Reactions: RodPad
Still looking through this data at the moment. It appears that you manually switched out of GPS in to ATTI for over half of the FLY129 flight. That would explain the drifting around somewhat. This is just a preliminary peek.

Disregard Post#13 in the interim.

Thanks. I hope I can get it working properly again.
When I attempt retrieving the .DATs I land on a page that wants me to sign up for some music app. Maybe you could try a different download service like Dropbox or GoogleDrive.

@BudWalker .......Just FYI..It is a share site. Just click on the upper right download button. I got them with no problem. Just not familiar enough enough with the IMU data portions.

ZIPPY SHARE2.png

Okay I am uploading them to google drive at the moment. I'll put em here as soon as they're done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak