P3S, Any fly away issues with apple smart watch

Reaction score
Had two fly away issues with my P3S in the last two months each time I was wearing my apple series 2 smart watch. Am I having this issue due to my mini ipad or something else, I like to hear from you about this problem and others associated with lost of control enabling return to home function.

Had two fly away issues with my P3S in the last two months each time I was wearing my apple series 2 smart watch. Am I having this issue due to my mini ipad or something else, I like to hear from you about this problem and others associated with lost of control enabling return to home function.
It's extremely unlikely that your apple watch had anything to do with anything your Phantom did.
There are lots of things that can have an effect but without seeing flight data, no-one would have any idea what happened.
If you want to get an understanding to help you in future ....
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and a bit more detail of what happened and someone will probably be able to help solve the mystery.

Reactions: Oso
I don't see your point, each time I had my smart watch on I had this issue of lost control. So in the mean time I have been trouble shooting this problem without wearing the apple smart watch and so far no problems. After twice losing control I changed location of my flying too another field with more room for mistakes and without wearing the smart watch. After dozen flights without problems I then went back to the original field that I had problems with and had not experience anymore problems with lost control of my P3S, again not wearing the smart watch. Just to make sure I'm writing you folks out there just to make sure I'm on the right track. My equipment being used is a P3 Standard with a Apple Mini IPad

I don't see your point, each time I had my smart watch on I had this issue of lost control.
And having investigated over 100 incidents with Phantoms, I can't imaging any way that your watch could have had any effect at all.
But I can think of several real things that could have.
If you work out what really happened, that will help you to fly better and safer.
Or you could stick with the watch theory that sounds more like superstition than science.

Reactions: Loz and Oso
My setup again in detail.
first I'm wearing my Apple Smart Watch Series 2 with GPS
second My Iphone 6 is left in the car that is tethered to my Smart Watch.
third I'm using a Apple mini Ipad with my P3S flight controls for visual camera readout & settings
fourth all my Apple products are link together for sharing information between them, the Iphone & Ipad both have GPS & Hot Spots as well

Today I planned on doing some more flying with my P3S and will do more testing & recordings with & without Smart Watch on and away from any interference from them in the mean time. I will also read up on recording this flight information to upload to you. I do have a feature that records all my flight paths that shows all my track without video, is this what you are referring too.

I always fly while wearing my Apple Watch series 2. Never had a problem. Can we check out one of your flight logs?

I do have a feature that records all my flight paths that shows all my track without video, is this what you are referring too.
No ... I was talking about actual flight data.
Just follow the link from my first post and you'll find instructions there.
It would be good if you could describe what you observed with the Phantom.

Reactions: Oso
Tend to agree with Meta4 in that there shouldn't be any interference with your smart watch and the your phantom. Easier way to disprove this is to run your PS3 in airplane mode on your device and run the test again.

For my reference what Phantom model are you flying, the Phantom 3 Standard uses a wireless Wi-Fi link between Ipad & controller and with a Wi-Fi generator coming from the mini Ipad in my case. Is my thinking correct for the linking between the Ipad,controller & drone. And the firm ware is updated to the latest as well

The Only time that watch would cause you any issues is if you was wearing it doing a compass dance ( calibration ) and I haven't seen you post any logs yet so these guys can tell you what really is your issue . I am moving this to the proper section which is P3 help now . Good luck .

I don't see your point, each time I had my smart watch on I had this issue of lost control. So in the mean time I have been trouble shooting this problem without wearing the apple smart watch and so far no problems. After twice losing control I changed location of my flying too another field with more room for mistakes and without wearing the smart watch. After dozen flights without problems I then went back to the original field that I had problems with and had not experience anymore problems with lost control of my P3S, again not wearing the smart watch. Just to make sure I'm writing you folks out there just to make sure I'm on the right track. My equipment being used is a P3 Standard with a Apple Mini IPad
Did you check which socks you were wearing, and with which shoes at the time of your issues? I ask, because they're more likely to've been the cause of your problem than the fact you had two Apple products about your person. Seriously, it's just a coincidence, so upload your log/s as Meta4 suggests and the smart people here can then help.

If your Apple Watch is paired to your phone via bkuetooth then wifi won't even be active.

Let's have a look at the flight data.

I'm too am an Apple Watch2 user, iPad, iPhone - never had an interference issue, but that point has been well made. Do Post the logs - you asked for assistance, folk are willing if you assist them assist you

If your Apple Watch is paired to your phone via bkuetooth then wifi won't even be active.

Let's have a look at the flight data.

Agree with flight data point, just for clarity - Apple Watch 2 will try connect to phone via WIFI if out of range of Bluetooth..

Agree with flight data point, just for clarity - Apple Watch 2 will try connect to phone via WIFI if out of range of Bluetooth..
Yes- that's how it works. When the Bluetooth pairing drops the watch attempts to connect to an available wifi network the iPhone has previously connected to, as might be expected the priority will be the one the phone was on when the Bluetooth drops out. You can see when it's in wifi as you get a little green cloud instead of the phone symbol on the watch.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl