P3pro went to manual mode

I meant wise and I was in a valley so they weren't that strong where I was but still at the same time I knew better because strong winds were in the forecast
RTH is a slow driver and will cruise at 22 mph.
But you can drive at 34 mph (in still air).
Going downwind and 400 feet high in strong winds and leaving RTH to bring the Phantom back is a recipe for coming home without your Phantom.

Plus I had carbon fiber props which I have noticed a little more speed and power hut not enough to beat strong winds the only thing that bothers me is why it was going in opposite direction and in a straight line at a steady speed

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I forgot to mention that I have the maxxrange antenna and booster for controller so really I shouldn't have lost signal at all to my phantom unless it crashed because there was nothing in the way of the signal to phantom

Plus I had carbon fiber props which I have noticed a little more speed and power hut not enough to beat strong winds the only thing that bothers me is why it was going in opposite direction and in a straight line at a steady speed
Carbon fibre props won't give you any measurable increase in speed.
The reason why it was going backwards in a straight line is that 700 feet above the ground where the Phantom was, the wind was blowing harder than RTH could fly.
It's all in my last few posts.
Getting an understanding of why the Phantom was lost will improve your chances of keeping the next one you buy.

I understand that the wind could carry it off but what I'm saying is I had virtually no control over the phantom is the reason it was put in rth I could not get it to come to me other turn right or left then no signal and my controller is good for at least 3 miles especially with the booster so why the loss of signal I have flown farther with no problems with signal and I have been flying rc helicopters and nitro cars and trucks for about 25 years lol and before I put it in rth the only thing I had control over was the camera gimbal to try and see where the phantom was at and that did not good I might as well had turned off the controller lol the litchi app crashed as I put it in rth then lost signal would not reconnect with phantom at all so I was saying I'm not entirely sure that it was the wind alone that took the phantom or a software or firmware failure or even board being faulty

Granted I may be new to drones but I have 90+ flights with this particular phantom and it wasn't acting right from the point it started veering off to the right and I was down behind a high wall of an old strip mine there really wasn't strong wind and I low higher up it is a lot stronger winds due to my experience with helicopters but with my first phantom and this one I have well over 20 hours in the air and 50+ miles of flight time and something just wasn't right with the controls

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164