P3pro went to manual mode

It would keep updating position of you holding controller. Intermittent lock would update your location as you moved.

Dynamic home is not required to have drone on to check. Only the action if loss of signal is.

Yes but I have noticed it shows hover on litchi then when you connect it shows return home instead I never understood why it shows different settings when connected to a drone

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

That is a different setting than Dynamic home.

Action of loss of signal: hover/RTH/land is a different setting vs. dynamic home.

And even if dynamic homepoint was on I should have came in contact with my drone I had the controller on the whole time and nothing. Because the phantom and I were moving toward each other

What the hell at 4min 15sec home point updated what does that mean
I'm not sure what happened but if you check the original and new home point locations, they are only a foot apart so this would have no impact on anything.
Was dynamic home point active on app?
There are only two home points in the flight log and they are a foot apart.
Any talk about dynamic home point is irrelevant to this incident.
And why did it keep going away from homepoint instead of closer
That is an important question.
What can be seen is that you flew from a high point over land lower than home.
There are no terrain or obstacles to block signal.
The Phantom responded to RTH at 3:54 with 74% battery.
It was 3737 feet out and at 249 feet higher then launch point.
The flight log continues for 27 seconds with intermittent downlink failures and the Phantom steadily gets further away in a straight line while accelerating to 20 mph.

One common cause of a Phantom getting further away in RTH is a strong wind situation.
RTH will drive your Phantom at about 20 mph but if the wind is against it and stronger than 20 mph, the Phantom goes backwards.
At the time signal was lost, the Phantom was >700 feet above the valley below it.
What can you say about wind strength and direction that day?
Did you attempt to take control and fly back or just leave RTH to do the driving?

When signal is lost the Phantom still has 70% battery and is moving further away.
If it continued on this trajectory, it would have flown until it reached critical low battery level and descended wherever it was.
This would be a few miles further to the NNE.

Try looking this direction due to the winds aloft carrying it further from home.
Location_Guess-KLSfGSFE.1482158693.jpg

The winds were strong at times but not constant
How strong?
And at last contact your Phantom was 400 feet up where the wind would have been even stronger.
There is very little to go with on this one but the most likely cause seems to be that you flew downwind and high in winds too strong for RTH to be able to bring it back.
Flying downwind in strong winds is very risky.
If you find yourself in that situation, you should bring the Phantom lower and take over the controls to push against the wind rather than leaving RTH struggling at reduced speed.

Actually I was trying to bring it back from the point at which it started moving to the right of home about 2 min into flight and it was unresponsive and I let rth try and bring it back in case it was a problem with controller and the winds were 20 to 25 I would say

Forecast showed some gusts near 40 mph on the ground for Wise, VA around 4:30 pm. Winds aloft at 400 feet would have been stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164